Family Life

Guest Jackieleanne

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 23

“Oh Luc I hate seeing him like this when are they going to tell us what’s going on” I say tears rolling down my cheek as I hold onto Dylan’s tiny hand as he lies asleep in the hospital bed thousands of wires around him, his small face and body covered in cuts and bruises,

“Calm down Matilda you don’t need to be stressing yourself out in your condition” Lucas says wrapping his arms around my shoulder as I sit on the chair beside the bed,

“In what condition?” I hear Beth ask, I look around to see her stood in the doorway with Tony, I look at Lucas looking to him as to what we should say he looks at me telling me that we should tell them the truth, knowing that they will be able to help us through this,

“well you see mum, dad Matilda is pregnant again, and well that isn’t the only thing we are having twins” Lucas says,

“oh sweets” mum says rushing over “Congratulations, and Lucas is right don’t be getting yourself stressed out our little Dylan is a fighter he’s going to be ok” she says as she takes a seat in the chair round the other side of the bed,

“Where’s the other two?” I ask them,

“they are outside with Henry and Kit” dad says,

“how are they?” I ask not wanting to leave Dylan’s side

“they are upset they saw it happen their teacher told us so they are pretty shaken about it all, we told them they could come in once their brother had seen the doctor” mum says,

“thanks” Lucas says.

“Flynn what’s going on?” I ask as soon as he comes in the room, Lucas rubs my shoulders softly trying to provide me with as much comfort as possible,

“Well from what I can see from the x-rays he’s broken his leg and arm but their does not appear to be any permanent damage, I’d like to perform a Cat Scan just to make sure that he hasn’t picked up any head injuries which we haven’t picked up on, but there is no damage to his other organs and we are hopeful that he will have suffered no serious head injuries the Cat Scan is just a precautionary measure” he says looking through his notes,

“will we be able to go with him when he has the scan I don’t want him to go through this alone” I say quietly not wanting to wake Dylan up although with all the drugs and drips he was on he was heavily sedated,

“you and Lucas can go in with him yes, we will have to get you scrubbed up but that will be no problem,

“what about his leg and arm injuries?” Lucas asks him,

“well after we have done the scan we will have to take him to theatre to fix the breaks and then we will put the plaster on” Flynn says,

“when will he be able to walk again?” I ask

“well I would say that his leg will be in plaster for about 10 weeks then he will have to take it easy and attend physiotherapy but don’t worry I promise we will have him up and about again” he says,

“when will he be allowed home” I say fighting back the tears once more,

“well if everything goes ok with the scan then he will have to stay in for about two weeks with him being so young its best if he stays in that long so that we can keep a close eye on him after the op, anyways we can get him off for the scan now so if you want to come with me, then we can get you scrubbed up” Flynn says as two orderly’s come into the room, and move Dylan’s bed from the wall.

“daddy where are you going” Katie cries out from Henry’s knee reaching out for Lucas as we walk past holding onto Dylan’s tiny hands,

“mummy” Chloe cries it pains me having to leave them like this but we need to rush off to be with Dylan right now,

“we just got to go with Dylan now while Dr Flynn checks something out ok” Lucas says we each kiss them softly before following Flynn down the hallway.

Awww, :wub: Henry... lol

Poor Dylan! Poor poor Mattie and Luke, just when things are beginning to go right, everything gets screwed up. But, thankfully (if this cat scan is all clear) all Dylan will have is a broken arm and leg, and cool things to show off for 10 weeks... That was so sweet, and cute, and I really hope Dylan will be okay! Don't keep me waiting Jackie, or else... :ph34r:

Archived