Guest Jackieleanne

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Chapter 22

“Oh excuse me one moment” I say to Sally as my cell starts to ring,

“Hello” I say quietly

“Hello Mrs Holden its Mrs Robinson the principle I’m afraid there’s been an accident outside the school Dylan got knocked over” she says her words ripping through me,

“what oh my god is he ok?” I say tears rushing to my eyes Sally looks at me concerned

“well hes in a lot of pain and lost a lot of blood the ambulance are on their way now, we got in touch with your husband hes on his way now” she says

“oh god, what about the other two are they ok” I say standing up and grabbing my bag,

“Yeah they are in with Mrs Jones now” she replies,

“I’ll be right over” I say putting the phone down

“Sorry Sally I’ve got to go” I say rushing out of the office,

“Dad we got to get to the hospital quick Dylan got knocked over outside school” I say as I rush past Tony as he stands by his car,

“Matilda, let me drive your in no condition to drive right now like this come on” he says opening the car door for me “it’s going to be ok Dylan’s a fighter” he says starting the engine I hope hes right I can’t lose my little boy.

We was there within five minutes I don’t know how I would of coped if the school was far away luckily the primary school wasn’t out of the way, as the car pulled to the stop I could see Lucas by the side of the road, I opened the door jumping out,

“Dylan” I shout running over tears rushing down my face, Lucas looks up at me, tears in his eyes as he holds onto Dylan’s still and bloodied body as the paramedics treat him,

“mummy” I hear Dylan cry out as I sit down beside Lucas,

“its ok baby mummies here” I say grabbing hold of his hand, “what happened, why was he outside they are supposed to wait inside supervised until we get here?” I cry asking anyone in general to answer my question,

“Calm down Matilda you need to stay calm, its going to be ok he’s going to be fine we can deal with everything else later” Lucas says as he wraps his arm around me,

“I’ll go get the other two” dad says walking past us,

“thanks dad” Lucas says softly,

“Mr and Mrs Holden he’s ready to go in the ambulance now I’m afraid we can only take one of you” he says,

“Please hes our son we need to be with him” I plead with him to let us both go,

“Sir please I’m sure its not going to be to much trouble for us both to go with him” Lucas says as he helps me stand up,

“well ok then but just keep quiet about it” he says as he and his colleque lift Dylan onto the stretcher,

“mummy, daddy” I hear Katie and Chloe cry I look up to see Tony carrying them out of the school,

“we have to go in the ambulance with your brother now but you’re going to go with Granddad and get grandma then you can come to the hospital to see your brother ok” Lucas says softly, the nod their heads tears still falling down their cheeks,

“will he be ok?” Katie asks

“Yeah princess your brothers a fighter” I say softly kissing them each on the forehead before Lucas helps me into the ambulance.

Archived