Family Life

Guest Jackieleanne

mattielucbanner2.png

Thanks to all my readers of We Belong Together my Matilda and Lucas fic, here is the sequel Family life I hope you enjoy it. Thanks to Jess for being my proof reader.

Link to the first in the Series : http://www.backtothebay.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14050

Title: Family Life

Author: Jackie (jackieleanne)

Category: Long Fic

Genre: Romance/Drama/Angst

Main Characters: Lucas/Matilda

Rating: T

Summary: Matilda and Lucas enjoy the dramas that having children brings.

Chapter 1

Dear Diary,

I can’t believe it’s been five years since they’ve been born, time has flown by so fast since then. We had our problems when they were first born; Lucas was stressed out about his exams, while I was looking after the triplets 24/7 unable to take care of myself and depressed that my husband wasn’t spending any time with me, but we worked through things and sorted things out. When Lucas got his exam results he finished top of the class for Maths at Uni and started work as an accountant. Two years ago he had grown such a reputation that he had set up his own business and was doing the accounts for many small businesses around the Bay including Noah’s Bar, The Gym and Diner as well as many businesses around Yabbie Creek where he was based. Business was booming. When the triplets were four months old I started back on my university course in English while Mum, Dad and Colleen helped me look after the triplets while I had classes. I did well in my exams and started work at Summer Bay High as an English teacher. For me it was the best job in the world. I loved working there and having a boss as nice as Sally was great. Dylan, Chloe and Katie started school last year. They really enjoy it there and have made a few little friends of their own. Anyways, I got to go Lucas is shouting me as I need to help get the place ready for the party.

Matilda xx

“Mummy, Chloe and Katie won’t let me play with them!” Dylan says tears welling up in his blue eyes as he walks over to me. Just looking at him cry makes my heart melt especially the fact that he has identical eyes to his father.

“Aww Dyl don’t cry, come on I will go and speak to your sisters and if they won’t let you play then you can just play with Mummy. And Matthew, Noah and Michael will be hear soon” I tell him as I scoop him up in my arms he wraps his legs around my waist as we make our way through the kitchen.

“Hey why are you crying little man?” Lucas says walking over to us.

“The girls aren’t letting him join in again” I tell him.

“They’re mean Daddy” Dylan cries.

“Well we can’t have that now can we?” Lucas says ruffling Dylan’s hair.

“Lucas, now I’ll have to style it again before the party” I groaned as I made my way into the backyard with Dylan to go and find my daughters.

“Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday Dylan, Chloe and Katie, happy birthday to you, hip hip hooray!” everyone around us sang and cheered as the three of them blew the candles on their cake out. I could feel tears sting my eyes as I watched the three of them enjoying themselves amongst family and friends. I felt Lucas arm wrap around my waist.

“Stop being such a softie” he whispers to me, laughing, as he pulls me closer to him.

“I can’t help it baby, they are all growing up” I say, sighing.

“Babe they are only five” he laughs. I look up to see Chloe and Katie playing with Lily, while Dylan ran around with Michael with Jack and Martha looking on. Family life is great.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived