Summer Bay Earthquake 2006

Guest Ross

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part 15

"Well" said Peter, "I really don't know where to start Zoe, you really had us fooled you were gone. You managed to survive without anyone knowing. Well done Zoe". Peter clapped sarcastically at Zoe. "But it must be so frustrating for you to know that you achieved all of that, and just when you had the chance to finish what you started, I finally catch you. Things aren't looking so great now are they Zoe?"

"I've already tried to explain to the constable, and to that guy - Alf I think? If you would just give me a chance to tell you the truth"

"Truth? That's rich coming from you after everything you have done to this town, after all the lies you told."

"O I just wish I hadn't bothered, I knew this would happen". Zoe wasn't talking to Peter now though, she was mumbling to herself. "I knew they wouldn't give me a chance to explain anything"

"Come on then" Peter said, "if you're so desperate to tell me eveything, spill, I'm waiting for your incredible survival story, Zoe."

"Ok. But before I start, I just want to say, I haven't got a bad bone in my body, and I would never do anything to hurt anyone, so I want to be given a fair chance to tell you everything, I don't want to be interrupted"

Peter clearly was trying to hide his amusement. The Summer Bay Stalker was sitting in front of him saying she would never try to hurt anyone, after trying to wipe out an entire town the previous year. He couldn't figure out what kind of mind game she was trying to play, but he was intrigued.

"Firstly," Zoe said calmly, "I would like to introduce myself, I am Anna Jeffries. Now, I know this is going to be really hard for you to believe, but I am not who you think I am, but in all fairness, when I decided to come to Summer Bay, I was expecting this to happen, so I can't really complain now."

"Oh, this has to be some of your finest work yet, Zoe. Did you really think any of this rubbish would wash for a second? Oh, no, let me guess, you're Zoe's identical twin sister."

There was silence in the room. Peter stood, transfixed by Zoe, and suddenly, he had a feeling in his stomach that there was more to this than met the eye.

"I know this is all really hard to believe, trust me Detective, if I was in your position after everything she put you through, I wouldn't believe it either, but please, just let me tell you the full story. When I say I am Anna Jeffries, that's who I am now. I used to be called Ruth Jacobsen, and I was born with a twin sister called Eve. We were brought up by our grandparents, but Eve made sure that didn't last. She used to have an obsession with fire, and she killed both of our grandparents. It feels strange to be talking about it now - I've never talked to anyone about this. I never even confronted her about it, I was too scared of her to comfront her, but I knew it was her. We spent the rest of our time in and out of foster homes, but when we were 18, we were able to go where we wanted. We didn't get on together, but she liked to have power over people, and she'd always had a way of making me do what she wanted, so she suggested we get a place together. We rented a flat in the suburbs, and she enrolled on a nursing course in the city. I don't think she really knew how I felt, she was too deluded to see anyone's true feelings. But I was terrified of her and I couldn't live my life like this any longer, so the first day she went into the city on her course, I packed up and left. I didn't leave a note or anything - I just wanted her out of my life for good. I knew to do that though, I couldn't just run, I had to disppear. I got my name changed by depole straight away, and a friend of mine had some friends in very high places, and over a period of time, I managed to get my existence as Ruth Jacobsen completely erased - deleted from every social services register that existed, wiped from the foster care registers, I even found away of getting the record of my birth to be changed - from Ruth Jacobsen to Anna Jeffries. I know this all sounds so far fetched, but I didn't want for there to be any way whatsoever Eve could ever track me down."

^^This is just the beginning! The story continues in part 16!:)

Just want to say that this is actually going somewhere. Re-reading that last part, it all seems really far-fetched and unbelievable, but there is actually a reason Anna has decided to come to the Bay; all will be explained in due course :)

Archived