Summer Bay Earthquake 2006

Guest Ross

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part 10

A week had passed since the news of the 4th, 5th and 6th death had spread around the summer Bay community. Everybody was in a state of total shock. A large number of houses had been completely destroyed beyond repair in the earthquake, so for the time being, temporary accomodation had been set up in the Surf Club, which, thankfully had escaped more or less unscathed, except for a few loose tiles and cracked walls. The whole town was in mourning at the loss of Dan, Rachel, Tony, Ric, Martha and Jack, but in true Summer Bay fashion, everybody was getting through it with each others love and support. Leah and Morag were still in hospital, and Sally, Cassie, Kim and Beth were spending most of their time there at the moment with them, until they were ready to be let out. Leah was inconsolable about the loss of Dan, and wondered how she was going to cope again with brining up a baby without its father in her life. But at the moment, the main reason everybody was gathered together in the hospital was speculating about Alf. Nobody could comprehend how he had completely disappeared from the Caravan Park without a trace. The thing that was hurting Morag more than anything was that nobody was really doing anything about it - the SES would have no idea where to start so didn't think it was worth the resources. She spent all day sitting , thinking, wondering where he might be. How could she ever rest not knowing the whereabouts of her dearly loved brother?

*Meanwhile deep in the bush*

Alf lay on the ground amongst dense trees and woodland, completely unconscious and unaware of anything that had happened.....

What the hell's going on? Find out as the mystery unfolds in part 11 . :)

Where Tasha & Irene & Robbie

Tasha and Irene have gone to visit Josie so they weren't in town during the earthquakw. I'll be honest I think I made a huge c**k-up and forgot to explain what happened to Robbie! lol - I'll sort it out in the next installment :D:P

Archived