Hollyoaks Discussion Thread

Guest Emma_B

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Emma Rigby is leaving. Not sure when though. I first heard June 2009 then it was October 2009 and now im hearing May 2010. But she is leaving.

I read somewhere that Frankie Dean was leaving sometime this year too.

Im my opinion the characters i would like to face the 'axe' are Lauren, Ash, Mercedes, Jacqui, Theresa, Ste, Amy, Mike, Darren and Cindy. However thats just based on my personal opinions of the characters.

I could see them writing Josh out to go to uni though. I think Spencer may leave when Warren leaves. I think Archie has potential as a character but the actor who plays him is just dreadful.

Im finding myself watch Hollyoaks less and less. I would say that i have only watched it a handful of times this year. Its just not the same as it use to be.

It was confirmed by some woman on This Morning (the one that does the soap spoilers and previews) that Hollyoaks are not doing a mass axing spree. She said she was asked by some people (I think she mentioned Hollyoaks Press Office) to confirm that this was false.

It was confirmed by some woman on This Morning (the one that does the soap spoilers and previews) that Hollyoaks are not doing a mass axing spree. She said she was asked by some people (I think she mentioned Hollyoaks Press Office) to confirm that this was false.

I don't know whether to believe this or not. I get the feeling this may just be spin until the people who are leaving are confirmed. The article was totally sensationalised, naming some of the most popular characters in the show on purpose to stir up gossip among the fans. The press office of Hollyoaks may just want to quash any rumours of really popular characters like Steph, for example, leaving to prevent viewers not tuning in any more. They're already losing Hannah, Justin and Warren, not to mention they've already lost JP, so many fans are already done with the show, or won't have an interest in it after the upcoming departures. I still think some of the dead wood in the cast will be gotten rid of.

On a different note, does anyone else think Steph will most likely buy The Loft after Warren leaves? She is in a good position to do so financially, not to mention if she buys it, it will return to the Cunningham family at last. I'm not just blindly speculating here - Steph has been spending most of her time in the Loft now since she opened her dance school there, so it would make sense for her to buy it. Also, it will give her a chance to provide Darren and Jack with some employment. If Warren dies, I reckon Katy will inherit The Loft but she won't want anything to do with it, so she'll sell it to Steph. As long as that idiot Neville Ashworth doesn't get his greedy hands on it, I'll be happy.

Its a shame if they dont axe 10 people because I was looking forward to Hollyoaks running itself more into the ground by axing the only good characters left!!

I have come to the conclusion that Hollyoaks is c**p !!

All the characters are just so one sided and its kinda annoyng.

I think some old characters should return. I think thats the only way the show will survive.

I think a McDean return would bost the ratings hugely to be honest.

They were Hollyoaks 2 most loved characters ever , and had such a hugeeee fanbase !!

I just have a feeling it was assumed by newspapers because of other shows having to make cut backs. I must say This Morning and Sharon Marshall have a good reputation of keeping to the facts and informing viewers of confirmed stories aswell as other reports. Obviously they were told by Hollyoaks reps to confirm this isn't true. I did think 10 cast members was a bit extreme. They already have 3 confirmed departures coming up, I doubt they would come up with axing 10 others, that would just be too many members leaving.

Archived