Hollyoaks Discussion Thread

Guest Emma_B

Did anyone see Hollyoaks tonight? I watched on ch4 and E4. I'm sitting here in tears right now, poor Mandy and Tony - what an awful thing to happen. I can't believe it, it was such a shock too.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched it. I'm not usually a fan of Hollyoaks but I thought the acting was fantastic. Mandy was so convincing as a mother who's just lost her child. But I have to say, how many more family members is she going to lose? That's her mother, her brother, her father (I think he died) and now her daughter.

I watched it. I'm not usually a fan of Hollyoaks but I thought the acting was fantastic. Mandy was so convincing as a mother who's just lost her child. But I have to say, how many more family members is she going to lose? That's her mother, her brother, her father (I think he died) and now her daughter.

Her real father abused her as a kid. Her stepdad (Max's dad) was killed in a car accident... which also killed her mother.

Tony and Mandy went out for a meal and left Grace with Hannah and Nancy. The girls didn't check on her, but I don't think that would have helped much. It must have been cot death. When they got back, Tony went to pay the girls at the bottom of City Steps while Mandy went into say goodnight, but Grace wasn't breathing.

The second episode, though, was awful. SO heartbreaking, but the acting was amazing. Mandy and Tony were perfectly prtrayed, but the point when I actually burst into tears was when Max broke down.

Yea, and when they were getting into the ambulance and Max and Tony hugged. I couldn't believe she died, I knew something was going to be wrong with her but I had no idea she was going to die. Also, when and why did they start calling the baby Grace? I thought she was called Antonia.

They agreed to change her name a while back. After Mandy got over her depression she realised she had made a bad decision in letting Tony name her Antonia and made him agree to a change.

Has Mandy ever had more than a year when nothing devastating happens in her life? It seems to be one thing after another for her. I think the writers need to give her a break. Poor thing.

Archived