The Soap Awards 2006

Guest girl_from_uk

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well our soap awards only count UK shows - but if you're on about the Inside Soap awards, then H&A never seem to win any of those anymore - it's usually some pretty boy from EastEnders that wins due to the amount of teenage girls that vote for them...(Nigel Harman anyone?)

What i want to know is how long can a person be nominated after he has left the show?

Beacuse alot of the actors from EE and corrie are often up for a award but stopped being in the soap long ago.

Usually the people who do win are the pretty boys like nigel harman and even when they arent in the soap anymore people still want them to win.

For once people should vote on acting talent and for people still in the soap.

^ Exactly. For example, Nigel Harman was in the show until New Year. I actually think in his case he deserves to win, as he was really good in the role. If you're going to complain about people winning because of their looks, I think the Logies are a lot worse than we are in the uk. The majority of voters are young girls and it's always the prettiest people who win, rather than the most talented. Look at Chris Hemsworth and Isabel Lucas. Granted they're both better actors now, but when they won they were just starting out and were both pretty c**p. Isabel wasn't even allowed to speak, for goodness sake!

^ Exactly. For example, Nigel Harman was in the show until New Year. I actually think in his case he deserves to win, as he was really good in the role. If you're going to complain about people winning because of their looks, I think the Logies are a lot worse than we are in the uk. The majority of voters are young girls and it's always the prettiest people who win, rather than the most talented. Look at Chris Hemsworth and Isabel Lucas. Granted they're both better actors now, but when they won they were just starting out and were both pretty c**p. Isabel wasn't even allowed to speak, for goodness sake!

What wasen't she allowed to speak for like?

I think that Claire was refering to Tasha's first few months in the show during which she either spoke a little Pig Latin or was generally too afraid to say anything at all.

Any actress can go on stage and speak bla bla bla bla bla bla bla. Look at Bec C. Isabel pulled off a very challenging storyline considering she was only young and had never acted before. Playing a confused and unstable ferral kid speaking fluently in pig-latin couldn't have been easy.

Archived