The Soap Awards 2006

Guest girl_from_uk

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The BAFTAs are awful in my opinion. The soap awards are done so much better. There's only 5 British soaps in the Soap Awards now since they axed Family Affairs. I think they should count foreign soaps as well or maybe the continuing dramas like Casualty, The Bill, Holby City, etc.

Home and Away was nominated in the National Television Awards last year for Best Soap but it wasn't in the final list on the night. If it's nominated again this year we shall all vote loads and it might get a chance. If it's makes it to the actual awards ceremony then they'll show a clip and one of the actors will be there so it will give Home and Away some publicity.

The Inside Soap awards are good but they're not televised which is a shame.

The BAFTAs are a completely different affair to the National Soap Awards, or even the National Television Awards. For one thing they are about Television, not Soap! They are chosen by a panel of selected industry people. Basically, the TV ones are a sideline anyway, and the film ones are much more important - they are our version of the Oscars (hence the way they are chosen) and I always really enjoy them.

ETA: IT is very unlikely that HAA will ever win a Bafta. Although of course an ex-HAA actor was nominated for one this year, but missed out.

The BAFTAs are a completely different affair to the National Soap Awards, or even the National Television Awards. For one thing they are about Television, not Soap! They are chosen by a panel of selected industry people. Basically, the TV ones are a sideline anyway, and the film ones are much more important - they are our version of the Oscars (hence the way they are chosen) and I always really enjoy them.

ETA: IT is very unlikely that HAA will ever win a Bafta. Although of course an ex-HAA actor was nominated for one this year, but missed out.

Which actor was up for a BAFTA like?

I dont like the film awards one....the TV ones like you mentioned I enjoy the most

Heath Ledger.

Tried to find a picture but the good ones are copyrighted, so here is the link to the info about it on heathledger.net. If you click on the pics they get bigger and also there is a little info about his storyline.

Someone has/had an avatar of him as well in SBH uniform. Can't remember who.

Shame he didn't win the Oscar really, that would have been too cool.

ETA: This is also why Nick's exit storyline really made me giggle. He left to go to Hollywood to play Heath Ledger's younger brother in a film. Hmmm... They'll be dancong to Tammin's music in Noah's next I suppose.

I just meant that the timing and how cringeworthy they were. The NTA awards were much better organized and relaxed, whereas the BAFTAs music was awful and oh I dunno I just thought the NTAs and Soap awards were more oragnized. Nothing to do with the nominees.

Heath Ledger.

Tried to find a picture but the good ones are copyrighted, so here is the link to the info about it on heathledger.net. If you click on the pics they get bigger and also there is a little info about his storyline.

Someone has/had an avatar of him as well in SBH uniform. Can't remember who.

Shame he didn't win the Oscar really, that would have been too cool.

ETA: This is also why Nick's exit storyline really made me giggle. He left to go to Hollywood to play Heath Ledger's younger brother in a film. Hmmm... They'll be dancong to Tammin's music in Noah's next I suppose.

Yea i remember now!!

Archived