Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Okay, don't kill me here, but i think it's through working with Ella. Because Ivar has got to be one of the worst actors ever IMO. He is the most wooden character on there, his performance reminds me of Joey Tribianis on "Days of Our Lives".

xx

Chris certainly improved almost beyond recognition when Ella was around...

I am assuming that you meant to say that Chris was one of the most wooden actors and not Ivar...and that was a slip of the typing fingers..... :P ......Ivar IMO is actually one fo the best actors, if not the best actor, on the show!!!!....... Chris on the other hand does remind me of Joey Tribiani...now you come to mention it...

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ivar is a talented actor....How can you say Cris is better tht guy was so wooden his self.....when you say Ivar is wooded i'm thinking youve got em mixed up....

Ivars character (Barry) is supposed to be up tight and overacted at times.......sorry to offend you but to say he's worse than Cris is a completly laughable

"peeing myself wright now"

Ivar used to be in Neighbours years ago, and he played a completely different character, and he pulled that off well. Like Buffygirl says, Barry is supposed to be uptight, so that must be how Ivar is trying to play it. The fact that he portrayed his character in Neighbours well, who was so different to Barry, shows that he must have acting ability.

I thought yesterdays episode wasn't too bad! Thursday's was very poor in comparison. I really liked the scene with the four teenagers just dancing and being normal. It showed Lucas not being serious and it showed them just being teenagers, it worked very well in my opinion.

I am so glad that this stuff with Amanda has wrapped up. I cannot wait to see everyone elses reaction to the news that she faked everything. I also like the fact that Scott finally got angry and stood up for himself. In my opinion his character has become a real sao since the paternity stuff, but am hoping this changes in the run up to the birth and the revelations which will undoubtedly soon come out. I also liked the idea of Hayley not being selfish and actually backing off for once! The voice over of the letter was particularly good!

Josh following through on a threat really made me impressed too, because for the most part since he has been back he has been threatening but never doing. I want to see more depth to his character. Graham is similar here. He seems very one dimensional at the minute.

Finally Ric and this exam paper buisness seems very silly. Firstly as many people have said he would have surely got rid of the evidence straight away. Secondly judging by the actual exam he wrote for all the time, considering in his others he didn;t this must have looked a bit suspect. Also why did Dan not suspect him at all? Saying you didn't do something and actually not doing it are two very different things. Surely Dan should have at least checked!

Liam

I thought yesterdays episode was good! Thursday's was very poor in comparison. I really liked the scene with the four teenagers just dancing and being normal. It showed Lucas not being serious and it showed them just being teenagers, it worked very well in my opinion.

I am so glad that this stuff with Amanda has wrapped up. I cannot wait to see everyone elses reaction to the news that she faked everything. I also like the fact that Scott finally got angry and stood up for himself. In my opinion his character has become a real sao since the paternity stuff, but am hoping this changes in the run up to the birth and the revelations which will undoubtedly soon come out. I also liked the idea of Hayley not being selfish and actually backing off for once! The voice over of the letter was particularly good!

Josh following through on a threat really made me impressed too, because for the most part since he has been back he has been threatening but never doing. I want to see more depth to his character. Graham is similar here. He seems very one dimensional at the minute.

Finally Ric and this exam paper buisness seems very silly. Firstly as many people have said he would have surely got rid of the evidence straight away. Secondly judging by the actual exam he wrote for all the time, considering in his others he didn;t this must have looked a bit suspect. Also why did Dan not suspect him at all? Saying you didn't do something and actually not doing it are two very different things. Surely Dan should have at least checked!

any1 alive in here

Part of the problem with thursday and friday is that it was never going to live up to the first three days of the week, nor the end of last week for that matter...... The Irene/Corey story was gripping and compelling...apart from the Marth element which did irritate me somewhat...and then it was back down to earth after what were some really gut wrenching days when we wonderd if poor Iren was going to end her days in the psych unit. After that thursday and friday were always going to be an anti climax....I think I would have preferred Ewednesdsay epsidoe to have been on friday if you know what I mean...then we could have had the week end to recover...a couple of nice gentle days to start the following week and then off on another roller coaster with the Scott/Amanda/Hayley/Kim saga....and Scott finally showing that he has a backbone after all.

Amanda and the dog was an unusual touch for Home and Away...especially when Corey shot it...he is showing his true colours now and his complete lack of sanity is becoming more and more evident....Jack is cottoning on fast....maybe he is not so daft after all....LOL...

I have to confess, I can't watch Jack without thinking I've accidentally switched channels and tuned in to an American soap. I mean, you can be a pretty boy and still act convincingly. But this guy's acting seems so self-conscious to me. I swear I saw him use the Joey Tribbiani 'smell the fart' technique the other day.

I actually (gasp!) quite liked the Amanda-and-the-dog scene. But only because they showed the protective, maternal side of the character without making a huge deal about it. I'm not warming to the character, but I appreciated a sign of *some* attempt to give her depth. Unfortunately, not only did the little guy playing Ryan out-act Holly Brisley, so did the dog.

Also, I *totally* agree with Jess that although Hayley's treatment of Irene left a little to be desired this week, I couldn't dislike her for it... and that's totally because Ella brings so much to the character that I could empathise with her in this situation. I've yet to decide whether she can make me interested in Scott/Hayley/Kim though. That'll be a challenge!

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying Chris is good, although he was today. But everybody is allowed to have their own opinion, and i think Ivar is a terrible actor. My choice. I don't have "em" mixed up.

Ivar used to be in Neighbours years ago, and he played a completely different character, and he pulled that off well. Like Buffygirl says, Barry is supposed to be uptight, so that must be how Ivar is trying to play it. The fact that he portrayed his character in Neighbours well, who was so different to Barry, shows that he must have acting ability.

I agree with pro Ivar posters! I think people have got so used to seeing poor and OTT acting that they do not recognise good and subtle acting when they see it. The thing about Ivar's acting is that it is not just about how he says the words but it about his whole body language. I have mentioned before that I have a friend who is hearing impaired, she relies a lot on body language to get the meaning of what has been said. Ivar is one of the best in that respect. When he looks sad, hurt, loving distressed etc...it is with every fibre of his being and that is what sets him apart from the rest.The scenes where he does not say anything indicate this. I have just worked out whre you are up to in the UK. There is a scene in the hospital in the next few weeks where Ivar says absolultely nothing, he just holds someones hand (I wont say who as that would be a spoiler) but the depth of his feelings and his distress are conveyed with intense subtlety. That is what good acting is.

If you have seen Ivar in Farscape, Neighbours, Heartbreak High and other things you would know what a good actor he is. He is completely different and captures the essence of each of these chacraters in a unique way. As Buffygirl says Barry is actually suppossed to be repressed and up tight and I think he does that brilliantly whilst also showing that underneath he is a pretty passionate and caring man. That is not an easy trick to pull off.

Back on topic. I think you have just had a great week in the UK. I loved the Irene storlyline. She is another of my favourite actors. As a mental health professional I did have issues with the factual side of the storyline, but the storyline was so good, and Lynne portrayed everything so well that I was willing to put that aside. It was one of the highlights of the year for me. I hope Daniel Bennett realises what he has got and makes better use of the really good actors on the show over the coming year, as there are times that I think they are wasted.

Archived