Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we please try to keep this thread on topic ...its supposed to be about this weeks episodes...not about who is or is not hot...there are already penty of thread on those topics....before we get back on topic though...Tony and Beth?....sweet yes...but not a patch on Irene and Barry in the mature romance stakes...:P

So...back ON topic...Amanda is getting more out of control..and more and more scheming and annoying. The "you hurt me and I hurt you" scenario was vaguely remiscent of the Angie "you hurt my son and I'll hurt you" scenario...ther are occasions when ithink she does have a conscince...and then others when she is so completey amoral I dont think she does...

Josh as the arch villain has got to be the biggest hammiest perfomance of the year...I bet Daniel Callopy loved every minute of it.

Good Parts:

Tony & Beth - School kids have got nothing on these two. It was sweet and it was refreshing to see mature adults acting in such an innocent way. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this pairing!

Ric/Cas/Mattie/Luc - I enjoyed their scenes but then I always do. I find that these characters are more realistic than some of the teens that have been on the show. Had there ever been a teenage male friendship where one hasn't teased the other about being worried when it came to tests and stuff? Instead of Lucas teasing Ric about the whole thing, he was very nice about it. That's was kept in character and that is just excellent. Do you understand what I mean?

Bert - He. Rocks.

Bad Parts:

Amanda - There is just something about her that I really don't like at all. I'll admit that some of the scenes with Robbie have almost made her likable but other than them, I'm stumped about why people like her so much.

Josh - He is like a cartoon character. It's funny sometimes but I find it hard to take him seriously.

Graham & Tony - It was predictable but I just didn't like it thanks to Graham. The actor is very wooden.

I think that's about it.

Good Parts:

Tony & Beth - School kids have got nothing on these two. It was sweet and it was refreshing to see mature adults acting in such an innocent way. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this pairing!

Ric/Cas/Mattie/Luc - I enjoyed their scenes but then I always do. I find that these characters are more realistic than some of the teens that have been on the show. Had there ever been a teenage male friendship where one hasn't teased the other about being worried when it came to tests and stuff? Instead of Lucas teasing Ric about the whole thing, he was very nice about it. That's was kept in character and that is just excellent. Do you understand what I mean?

Bert - He. Rocks.

Bad Parts:

Amanda - There is just something about her that I really don't like at all. I'll admit that some of the scenes with Robbie have almost made her likable but other than them, I'm stumped about why people like her so much.

Josh - He is like a cartoon character. It's funny sometimes but I find it hard to take him seriously.

Graham & Tony - It was predictable but I just didn't like it thanks to Graham. The actor is very wooden.

I think that's about it.

Very true.

I thought in today's episode when Bert got off the phone to Scott that Josh looked like the devil. I think it's his facial hair. Yeuch. Also, I felt Amanda was completely unconvinving when she was "losing her baby". I wonder if Scott finds out she was lying all along. Surely he must.

Hm! I think considering yesterdays episode Amanda was incredilby stupid in terms of faking a miscarriage. Now this is going to sound even crueller but it is how i personally would have written it to get maximum effect from the characters. I would have had Amanda "abort" the baby. If someone suffers a miscarriage i believe that they have to get medical attention to deal with the foetus and so on. IF she had claimed to have an abortion, despite making people loathe her even more, it would have meant less chance of getting caught out. I really think that it would have made more sense this way.

In regards to Graham and Tony I found the whole scene to be completely unecessary. So far i like many others on here have not really warmed to Graham, and i fell that Tony is spending too much time as a background character. The whole "you spilt coffee on my suitcase (showing Graham hasn't changed too much) and now my daughter is dating you, was just lame. It was pointless and could have been handled a lot better.

I liked Ric, Cassie, Lucas and Matilda last night. Ok Lucas and Matilda don't currently have a big huge storyline. What they do have however, is a normal life. I'm sure not many of us occur huge dramas on a day to day basis. Yes, i know it would be boring to sit and watch people being normal but at least it shows that not everyone everywhere has to create a drama!

Liam

Archived