Logies Awards 2006

Guest Dean

Is there a website we can vote on? The UK soap awards always have a website. Being in Ireland I would vote for Kate if I could

I think you can vote on the TV Week website in Australia. Im not to sure what the address is. If i was voting i would vote for Kate as well.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Logies a five-star event

April 09, 2006

0,10114,5136494,00.jpg

Something old, something new-ish ... Hosts Ray Martin, Georgie Parker, Bert Newton, Lisa McCune and Daryl Somers

TRIPLE Gold Logie winner Rove McManus was a shock exclusion from the team of five television stars chosen to co-host this year's red- carpet event.

Bert Newton, Daryl Somers, Ray Martin, Lisa McCune and Georgie Parker were yesterday confirmed as joint hosts of the 2006 TV Week Logie Awards in Melbourne next month.

McManus, who co-hosted last year's ceremony with Eddie McGuire and Andrew O'Keefe, was asked to co-host again, but decided once was enough and will instead present an award.

His decision prompted organisers to ask Parker -- whose Sunday night variety show, Clever, has just been axed by the Nine Network -- to step in and co-host the celebration of 50 years of television.

"I was hoping he would," lamented former host Newton, a five-time Gold Logie winner, who is again up for the prestigious gong.

"I couldn't find an excuse this year to say no -- it's a milestone.

"I would never have considered hosting the whole event, that's yesterday for me."

Newton was looking forward to taking the stage, even though he didn't rate himself a strong chance to win another Gold Logie.

"To be brutally frank, I don't give myself a big chance," he said. "I was happy enough to be nominated."

Co-host Lisa McCune, a four-time Gold winner, said she would love sentimental favourite John Wood to win in the final year of Blue Heelers.

"I would love to see John get it," she said.

Archived