Logies Awards 2006

Guest Dean

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the battle for Gold Logie will be between 3: Kate Ritchie, John Wood and Ada Nicodemu.

The problem with having more than one Home and Away cast member nominated is that the votes from H&A fans might be more even between them so neither of them might not end up winning, wheras all the votes from Blue Heeler's fans will only go to John Wood. If that makes sense. So I think John Wood might win for that reason. But of course, I do think he is extremly deserving of winning.

I really want Ada or Kate to win it though. Would prefer Kate to win it but I love Ada too. I'm going to make a pact to put in a vote for each of them every day voting lines are open. Here's hoping one of them takes it.

I'm unsure if I want most popular drama to go to Blue Heelers or H&A. I think it would be nice if Blue Heelers won it, but think H&A probably will. Just hope it doesn't go to the extremly over-rated Mcleaods daughters.

My favourite is Cornelia Frances, and even if she were up for the Gold Logie I would still want John Wood to win. He is an Australian TV institution and bloody deserves it big time. So, he gets my vote x1000. However, I still think since every man and his dog seems to be in love with Rebecca Cartwright (choke) for some God-forsaken reason, she'll get it. Or McManus. They'll still both be around next year, as will "Home and Away" and all the cast members nominated from it. So they can respectfully wait. There's just no justice in the world. :(

My favourite is Cornelia Frances, and even if she were up for the Gold Logie I would still want John Wood to win. He is an Australian TV institution and bloody deserves it big time. So, he gets my vote x1000. However, I still think since every man and his dog seems to be in love with Rebecca Cartwright (choke) for some God-forsaken reason, she'll get it. Or McManus. They'll still both be around next year, as will "Home and Away" and all the cast members nominated from it. So they can respectfully wait. There's just no justice in the world. :(

You must be the first guy I know who actually doesn't like Bec.

I doubt Cornelia will get a Logie so I'm hoping either Kate or John Woods.

Cornelia most definitely should get a Logie. She deserves it as much as John Wood, so I hope she's nominated in some category (I know she's not in the Gold). People just overlook all these veteran actors for the young tucks. I don't think youngin's should be allowed in the big categories. I think they should at least have a separate "veteran"-type category for people like Wood, Cornelia, Ray Meagher, John Howard, etc, so one of them can finally be recognised for their years of hard work!

I don't like Bec Cartwright either..

And why is she even nominated? I'm sure she hasn't been on our screens for the past 6 months or more cause Ella took over. So what she get's a gold logie for marrying a tennis player and having a baby? give me a break!

She should be getting the woman's day/ new idea equivilent award for the most over exposed :rolleyes:

certainly not a gold friggin logie!

That time of year is coming around again, and I thought I should start a topic about it since the nominations come out tomorrow. So feel free to discuss who you think will win, who you want to win, who will host etc. In a Logies first, Australians will be able to vote for the Gold Logie winner by calling and texting a number which will be revealed tomorrow in TV Week.

I think the nominees will be, I highlight my choice in bold, who I think will win in italics:

Eta:Just read a article Valkyrie posted with the official Gold nominees so these are real.

Gold Logie: Most Popular Personality:

* Bec Cartwright (Home And Away)

* John Wood (Blue Heelers)

* Bridie Carter (McLeods Daughters)

* Kate Ritchie (Home And Away)

* Ada Nicodemou (Home And Away)

* Rove McManus (Rove Live)

* Natalie Bassingthwaighte (Neighbours)

* ????

Silver Logie: Most Popular Actress

* Bec Cartwright (Home And Away)

* Kate Ritchie (Home And Away)

* Bridie Carter (McLeods Daughters)

* Georgie Parker (All Saints)

* Rachel Gordon (Blue Heelers)

Silver Logie: Most Popular Actor

* Sam Atwell (Headland)

* Ditch Davey (Blue Heelers)

* Aaron Jeffrey (McLeods Daughters)

* Chris Hemsworth (Home And Away)

* Wil Traval (All Saints)

Silver Logie: Most Popular Drama

* Home And Away

* Blue Heelers

* All Saints

* McLeods Daughters

* Neighbours

Most Popular New Male Talent

* Rhys Wakefield (Home And Away)

* Paul O' Brien (Home And Away)

* Matthew Holmes (Blue Heelers)

* Reshad Strik (Headland)

* Damien Bodie (Neighbours)

Most Popular New Female Talent

* Pippa Black (Neighbours)

* Holly Brisley (Home And Away)

* Jodi Gordon (Home And Away)

* Eliza Taylor-Cotter (Neighbours)

* Tahnya Tozzi (Blue Water High)

Your guys thoughts?

Who is pippa black, is that elle?

They're should be a category for best Villian lol :P

we could have:

* Emily Perry (Zoe/Eve Jacobs) (H&A)

* Holly Brisley (Amanda Vale) (H&A)

* Natalie Basingwaithe (Izzy Hoyland) (Neighbours)

* John Wood (Tom Croydon) (Blue Heelers)

* Stefan Dennis (Paul Robinson) (Neighbours)

* Rachael Taylor (Sasha Forbes) (headLAnd)

Hang on are they the official nominations? Or is it just the Gold logie? I must get TV Week then! Yay for Kate Ritchie being nominated..about time. And Nat woohooo! I have a feeling John Wood might get it this year, though it is not his only chance as these nominations are for last year so next year will be his final chance.

Archived