Logies Awards 2006

Guest Dean

I think Paul O'Brien will win Most Popular New Male Talent.

I don't think Jodi will win the female category, she's been in it too long to be counted as "new talent".

I think Kate will stand a good chance of winning Silver Logie if she doesn't win Gold. Good luck to her, she deserves to win one of the awards she's nominated for.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Home and Away has the following nominations...

Kate Ritchie, Ada Nicodemou and Bec Cartwright for Gold

Kate Ritchie, Ada Nicodemou and Bec Cartwright for Most Popular Actress

Joel McIlroy and Chris Hemsworth for Most Popular Actor

Paul O'Brien and Dan O'Connor for Most Popular Male New Talent

Jodi Gordon and Sharni Vinson for Most Popular Female New Talent

And a nomination for Most Popular Drama

I think the battle for Gold Logie will be between 3: Kate Ritchie, John Wood and Ada Nicodemu.

The problem with having more than one Home and Away cast member nominated is that the votes from H&A fans might be more even between them so neither of them might not end up winning, wheras all the votes from Blue Heeler's fans will only go to John Wood. If that makes sense. So I think John Wood might win for that reason. But of course, I do think he is extremly deserving of winning.

I really want Ada or Kate to win it though. Would prefer Kate to win it but I love Ada too. I'm going to make a pact to put in a vote for each of them every day voting lines are open. Here's hoping one of them takes it.

I'm unsure if I want most popular drama to go to Blue Heelers or H&A. I think it would be nice if Blue Heelers won it, but think H&A probably will. Just hope it doesn't go to the extremly over-rated Mcleaods daughters.

I can appreciate why you would want to vote for both Kate and Ada, however, voting for both would probabely cancel out your vote. It would be better if you pick one and voted heaps for that person.

I think Bridie Carter or Natalie are the biggest threats for both Gold and Silver. I expect Bridie will pick up Silver as she has a large MD fan base.

While I would not be upset if John Woods wins Gold (although I think he will pick up both most outstanding actor which is the award he wants to win and silver) I will be voting for Kate.

Kate will have an uphill battle as despite being on Home and Away for 18 years she would have the smallest media profile. The first logie article I have seen today has the heading "Bert, Bec and Rove" lead the race for gold with a picture of Bec! Bert and John will gain the sentimental vote. Natalie as a large music fan base. Birdie is seen as a more credible actress (personally I think Kate is just as good or even better than Bridie). Bec, Ada have higher profile due to Dancing of the Stars and media stories. Rove is Rove. Hopefully Channel 7 will promote Kate and Ada.

Another problem for Kate is that she is currently "off" screen while Ada, Bridie, Natalie and John will all be involve in strong storylines leading up to the final voting.

As for best drama anything but MD!

Bec doesn't deserve an award.

All she cares about is money. She's been off the tv for about 6 months atleast now.

It makes you wonder why she is taking time off to look after her baby. Why isn't she out there cashing in on the opportunities in the industry?

Home and Away has the following nominations...

Kate Ritchie, Ada Nicodemou and Bec Cartwright for Gold

Kate Ritchie, Ada Nicodemou and Bec Cartwright for Most Popular Actress

Joel McIlroy and Chris Hemsworth for Most Popular Actor

Paul O'Brien and Dan O'Connor for Most Popular Male New Talent

Jodi Gordon and Sharni Vinson for Most Popular Female New Talent

And a nomination for Most Popular Drama

Isn't Dan O'Connor in Neighbours, not Home & Away?

Archived