Logies Awards 2006

Guest Dean

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I have time to read 29 pages, so forgive me if this has already been discussed, but where was Jason Smith? I saw him on the red carpet in the background of Natalie Basingthwait's interview, but then I never saw him again. I don't think he got up with the rest of the cast to accept the Most Popular Drama award, and I couldn't see him at the table at all. What's the deal?

Meanwhile, my thoughts on the logies:

Bec - WHY was she nominated for gold?? I understand last year because she was still on H&A, she won that dancing with the stars thing, AND she'd allied herself with Lleyton, but to nominate her this year as the most popular TV personality when she hasn't even been ON TV is insane! People are idiots. Oh, and they're the best looking couple are they?? Well, I think Chris and Isabel might have something to say about that -_-

Chris - He was so so SO hot. He should have been the host, damn it, and presented ALL the awards, so that he could stand behind everyone as they gave their speaches. *drools*

Jodie - Her win was nice.

Paul - It's acceptable, to match Jodie's win. You just know he would have been sulking forever if she'd won but he hadn't. Plus it adds to the H&A tally.

Kate - 'Bout time!! I can't believe she's been on TV for 18 years without a logie! My God! But, she has one now, and it's well deserved. Last year with the stalker and Flynn was totally her year. Lets' hope she continues to dazzle us :)

Also - Chris Lilley. I know this isn't H&A stuff but seriously, that guy is awesome. If he didn't win the Graham Kennedy award, there should have been rioting in the streets - cars turned over and set alight and everything. Luckily, no one had to resort to that because he did win, so good. Shame the "Spicks and Specks" people had to run against him though.

Well done all! And Kate, we'll get that gold next year! :D That's if Jason or Chris don't get it first ;)

Bec was probably nominated because they hoped she might show up with Lleyton and add a bit more glamour to the show - it can't have been on acting ability!

Really glad Kate won, it's so deserved, and way, way overdue - she's been turning in class performances for years - much better than some previous winners I can think of!

Archived