Are you unsure ?

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I'm aware it is still five lines of text but whats never been specified is what board view thats in. I only ever view the board in default wide and so my signature is five lines of text in default wide but I've just checked and its more like eight in narrow view. Its usually five in default view too but we're all advertising BB at the moment so I was trying to keep as much of my signature as possible. :P I can't speak for the other moderators but I personally never pull anyone up unless they have more than five lines in wide view.

I see, I didn't mean to attack you or anything, just to make that clear :wink:

I always use narrow view, so that's probably why then :P I didn't even think about that as I have reported too long signatures before and they have been changed even though I haven't checked them in wide view. They could be too long there as well, I don't really know.

I've found it only occurs if you use the quick edit button. If you write your chapters in microsoft word only ever use the full edit button and if your story has those symbolly things in them try pressing the full edit button, sometimes they disappear.

The quick way to get rid of them is to copy the story back into word and use the find and replace button, under 'edit' on your toolbar, to change them back to speechmarks and 's.

Edit: I've just done it for you. All back to normal now, I'd suggest only using full edit from now on though. :)