Are you unsure ?

I don't know is this is the right place to ask my question but I ask anyway.. :wink:

Does anyone know why someone of the files at this link dosen't work? :o

http://backtothebay.net/multimedia/videoclips.shtml

Some days ago I watched some of the videos but know it wont work anymore..

It only comes a message like this:

Error 404

The page you're trying to access doesn't exist.

Try going back to the Forum Homepage and finding the topic, post or section you want from there.

In 2006, we moved the site from Back to the Bay.com to Back to the Bay.net. You may be accessing a page on the wrong domain.

Try changing the address you're accessing from backtothebay.com to backtothebay.net and see if you find the page you want.

I don't understand why this message didn't came earlier if they moved the site in 2006..

I mean it's 2007 now and the video worked some days ago but not anymore:S...¨

Some of the videos still work but some dosen't... :blink:

Mod-note: I've moved this post as it had nothing to do in the support thread. This section is for questions of this nature.

Edited by MarMar

We moved servers recently, probably something to do with that.

Can I also ask that if people want to watch the episodes they "Right Click and Save as", rather than "Left Click" as it means that the we use less bandwith....(puts PR speak hat on)...which means we will be able to bring you more great features.

• 2 weeks later...

Question: Are members allowed to start threads in other languages than English? I'm not attacking the swedish thread or anything, I just am a little usnure as I can imagine it causing trouble. Now Swedish is probably not the most problematic language as we have Mar who as a Norwegian probably understands Swedish, I was just thinking it could be a problem if there's a lot of threads in different languages popping up. There might be a problem if like the Estonian thread was in Estonian as none of the mods (as far as I know) speak Estonian.

Just thought I'd ask, cause I'm kind of torn between answering in Norwegian and English in the Swedish thread :P

The mods are actually discussing this at the moment, Eli.

I think the short answer about posts written in languages other than English will be no, as this makes them very difficult to moderate. How do we know members aren't posting spoilers or using insulting language, for example?

How do we know members aren't posting spoilers or using insulting language, for example?

Exactly my point. Now as I said there would probably be possibilities for moderating Swedish entries, but I think there should be one rule for all languages. Also it's kind of unfair if only a few members will be able to participate in discussions.

The mods are actually discussing this at the moment, Eli.

I think the short answer about posts written in languages other than English will be no, as this makes them very difficult to moderate. How do we know members aren't posting spoilers or using insulting language, for example?

Posting spoilers isn't a problem if it's in a language no one understands though, is it?

Not sure where to ask this so the "unsure" thread seemed like a good place to start. Over in the Jon Sivewright/Tony Holden thread we are going a bit crazy with all the spoiler bars and instead wish to have SPOILER ALERT added to the topic title so we can discuss freely without the tags. Is this something we can change ourselves or is it a job for a Mod? If it's the latter and a Moderator is reading this post, would you be so kind as to make the change for us please? Many thanks.

I've added 'SPOILERS' to the topic description :)

Please remember that in the Appreciation Forum you're free to discuss storylines that are spoilers to people outside Australia (as long as you use spoiler tags or have a message in the topic title), but please DO NOT discuss anything that is yet to happen in Oz. Those spoilers are forbidden outside the Spoiler Section.

Thank you :)

How do we know members aren't posting spoilers or using insulting language, for example?

Exactly my point. Now as I said there would probably be possibilities for moderating Swedish entries, but I think there should be one rule for all languages. Also it's kind of unfair if only a few members will be able to participate in discussions.

To confirm, I have now posted in the Swedish Discussion thread requesting that all future posts are made in English.