Amanda

Guest x..kt..x

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not seeing the comparison between Amanda and Gypsy at all! Gypsy was never a bitch like Amanda is! She also had more depth as a character, Amanda is such a shallow character, stereotypical bitch... pretty young blonde who wraps men around her little finger... yawn :glare:

Theoretically, Amanda is a good, complex, interesting character, but I feel that she is acted and written terribly. She makes me cringe, actually.

I would agree with that up to a point...but they would need a much better actress to make it work as I suspect they intended it to work...and they do need to improve some of the writing...it makes me cring too....UK viewers have not had her for long so the boredom has not set in...but I reckon it wil. :P

No, the boredom has set in! Amanda is far too cliche to be interesting, there doesn't seem to be anything complex about her character at all, as far as I can see, she is a spoiled, manipulative little cow who craves attention and loves to wrap people around her little finger.

I'd much rather watch a real bitch like Diana or Angie! Diana has such a sharp tongue, she is really cold and vicious, whereas Amanda is just too whiney and her threats never sound very intimidating at all! :huh:

Though I do have to agree with all I've quoted, I will say something which may or may not be in defence of the actress who plays Amanda. Is Ms Brinsley a good actress doing a good job of playing a character who is MEANT to be a ropey actress, or is it really that Ms Brinsley is not so great? :unsure:

Hope you can see what I'm getting at!

She's not so great, but I've certainly seen worse.

I mean, I don't think she'll be winning a gold logie any time soon, but the character of Amanda is a pretty simple role with not much depth, so she is a good enough actress in my opinion for that character. Of course, if they had cast a *great* actress in the role, she might have made Amanda so much better, but we'll never know.

But for now, I'll say Holly B isn't the best actress out there, but she's good enough for Amanda.

I believe Cat123 only said she *reminds* her of Gypsy. Not that she is LIKE Gypsy.

She reminds me a little of early Gypsy too, come to think of it (like, 1998 Gypsy).

But surely for someone to remind you of someone else, they would have to be like that person in some way, otherwise how could they remind you of them?

I know Cat123 didn't say that Amanda was just like Gypsy, but to be reminded of Gypsy they (and you for that matter) must see some similarity between the 2 characters.

Archived