Amanda

Guest x..kt..x

Jack scenes rock! He is so fit and the story line between him and Martha is really good. Can't wait for Friday!

Why seven think she is the best thing since sliced bread is beyond me.

P.S. I so love that. I'm gonna have to say that sometime lol

The sliced bread thing is something my Mum always says....it must be catching. :P

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theoretically, Amanda is a good, complex, interesting character, but I feel that she is acted and written terribly. She makes me cringe, actually.

I would agree with that up to a point...but they would need a much better actress to make it work as I suspect they intended it to work...and they do need to improve some of the writing...it makes me cring too....UK viewers have not had her for long so the boredom has not set in...but I reckon it wil. :P

No, the boredom has set in! Amanda is far too cliche to be interesting, there doesn't seem to be anything complex about her character at all, as far as I can see, she is a spoiled, manipulative little cow who craves attention and loves to wrap people around her little finger.

I'd much rather watch a real bitch like Diana or Angie! Diana has such a sharp tongue, she is really cold and vicious, whereas Amanda is just too whiney and her threats never sound very intimidating at all! :huh:

Angie was a great bitch too, she was really smart and was far better at wrapping people around her little finger than Amanda ever could be. Amanda is only managing it because she latched onto the most gullible, blind guy in Summer Bay! The way in which Angie toyed with Nick's mind was genius, Amanda isn't a patch on her.

ETA - Katie, I can't believe you've never heard that "best thing since sliced bread" phrase before! It's really old and really widely used in this country! :blink:

Amanda does uses her looks but as other people have said people she should be really clever and manipulative and cold but shes just not

Yea she is! Well, not clever, but manipulative, yes. She's an actress though, that's probably why. I wish that she'd get lost.. Or maybe, if another evil person comes along, and makes Amanda look nice, and stupid! lol, and then drives Amanda out of the bay! And we'd have a proper evil person, that we'd love to hate! lol

Archived