Maddie and Lucas - OH NO!

Guest Major Oak

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to be reeeeeally picky now and annoy everyone, but I just have to say this before it drives me mad: it's Mattie, not Maddie! As in Matilda, not Madilda! And before anyone disagrees, the letter that Matilda got that she thought was from Lucas was addressed to 'Mattie'. So there. :P

God, I think I've even annoyed myself now...sorry guys!

It is definitely Mattie. I think sometimes when people say it it sounds a bit like Maddie though. A "d" sound is a lot like a "t", but softer. When people speak, especially if they are speaking quickly or with some accents, sounds are often softened, so her name sounds like Maddie. Hope that makes sense (phonetics is not my strongest subject), if not maybe someone else can clarify! :)

It is Mattie. I know it. I just ignore it. I call myself Maddie sometimes (it's a net thing) and it makes me feel special to think we share the same name.. even thought it's not actually either of our real names :P. I'm weird. I know that too.

Maddie's just easier to read than Mattie, in my head. Maddie sounds more natural, but Mattie sounds like you have to stop and take time to pronounce the t's.

You're right though, it definitely is Mattie. Not that that's going to stop me :P

It is Mattie. I know it. I just ignore it. I call myself Maddie sometimes (it's a net thing) and it makes me feel special to think we share the same name.. even thought it's not actually either of our real names :P. I'm weird. I know that too.

Maddie's just easier to read than Mattie, in my head. Maddie sounds more natural, but Mattie sounds like you have to stop and take time to pronounce the t's.

You're right though, it definitely is Mattie. Not that that's going to stop me :P

Maddie is easier to say, like you said, you kind of have to stop to prounounce the Ts, whereas Ds seem to flow more naturally into normal speech.

Archived