Assistance For The Love of Home and Away

Guest Sara-Jayne

When I woke up this morning, I didn’t realise that my world was about to come crashing down - “Happy New Year SJ, with love from Channel 5!!!!â€

For as long as I can remember, I have looked forward to Saturday mornings soooooooooo much! The Home and Away omnibus is the highlight of my week. I am DEVASTATED if I miss it - I have been known to burst into tears if I am deprived of even 10 minutes of it. I have shot out of bed upon the second of waking with the worst hangover from hell for it. I have fretted on long tropical holidays overseas for it, with the worry of somebody forgetting to video it. I do not trust video recorders - they are pesky, unreliable things and not really to be trusted with a truly important thing such as Home and Away. Even if the whirry little boggers DO work, who is to say the person entrusted to control them will carry out the task with 100% true dedication (having said that when it HAS gone ok I have had the pleasure of returning to eight solid hours of my love!)?

(Excuse me for one moment I have to take my laptop upstairs, as my lovely housemate is watching a film with dogs in it, which would be fine but my concentration is being compromised ….. one mo!)

I resume - where was I? Ah yes, the PLEASURE the Home and Away omnibus brings to me once a week. I get myself a selection of yummy snacks and I settle myself down onto the settee - only moving to get myself a coffee or to turn my tap on during the commercial breaks. Well - Channel Five have changed all that for me now!!!

I shot out of bed in time this morning on time, after only three hours’ sleep, settled into my routine and life was sweet - until the end - when C5 dealt a terrible blow. I was already in shock (though not truly surprised) that it was Jessie who had ruined the night of Alf’s 60th , which should have been a magical night in Alf’s memory, not a night of tragedy. I didn’t even have the time for “OOOOOOH I CAN’T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK!!!!!†to run through my mind though before it was announced, over the credits, that “as from next Saturday there will be no more Home and Away omnibus, but you can catch it Monday to Friday……â€!!! WAAAAAAAH!!!!!!! I paced up and down non-stop from the living room to the kitchen for about 10 minutes, hoping it was just a nightmare. I had PLANS for today - but I was contemplating changing them to go out and buy a cheap DVD recorder, even though I have zero money as I’ve been forced into a week of no work (no pay!). I called my boyfriend nearly in tears. He said he would record it for me and I would never miss an episode (the VCR in this house doesn’t record for some reason) but it is still NOT ENOUGH!

I decided to take positive action - I have dedicated my entire New Year’s Eve to this cause. When I finished weeping and wailing on the telephone I went upstairs and, to show that I meant business, I even tied back my hair and put on my spectacles - I NEVER normally wear my spectacles - I need them but I just let them gather dust. Vanity stops me - BUT NOT TODAY!!!!! I even took a suit from my rail, but upon a moment’s thought, holding it on the hanger, I thought that maybe it would be best to keep comfortable.

I could go on and on for hours about my feelings today to you, but I must press on - I have to see that this message reaches YOU - the family I have never met (this applies only if I have reached out to you on a H&A board!) - I urge you, please, just to take a minute to sign my petition. Even if you are not in the UK and this doesn‘t affect you directly, IT DOES NOT MATTER. For the love of Home and Away, let’s all unite and make ourselves heard!!!

Lots of love to you all and a Happy New Year

S-J (starving and just going for a quick food break) x x x

Finished 16:15 31st December 2005

Here For the Love of Alf

PS: extra hugs and kisses to all who have signed so far and are about to.

:wub: x x x

:wub::wub::wub::wub:

Sara-Jayne, thanks for a very interesting first post!

Your way with words, if nothing else, will at least give those who read the viewers' emails at Channel Five some entertainment! Personally, I'm not sure how effective a 'petition' will be, as they do generally tend to be seen as only one letter/email. But good luck with your cause.

The issue of Five dropping the omnibus is already being discussed here, by the way. Take a moment to read other members' thoughts on the matter.

Welcome to the BTTB forum, and a happy new year to you too!

(PS. These days, it's refreshing to hear from a newbie who is actually capable of an intelligent post written in correct English and grammar!) :D

It's were if they missed it during the week they show the whole weeks episodes on saturday.We've never had one in Australia,how rude! :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, they basically show all five episodes from the previous week back-to-back (with no opening and closing credits in between episodes), so it's a two-hour fest of Home and Away!

Well, it was!

I'm not sure. They are either gearing up for there new channel and are planning something or they really have scrapped it.

A word of warning though. I would keep checking the late night slots on the five tv guide. Some of the American sport finishes soon and Five have a habit of moving shows without saying anything.

Maybe they will be putting it on late night/early morning?

I'm not sure. They are either gearing up for there new channel and are planning something or they really have scrapped it.

A word of warning though. I would keep checking the late night slots on the five tv guide. Some of the American sport finishes soon and Five have a habit of moving shows without saying anything.

Maybe they will be putting it on late night/early morning?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think they will, as Five produce the omnibus themselves, as if you look at the end credits of the omnibus they are Friday's end credits, as they only credit the guest cast from Friday's episode, and not from the rest of the week. If Seven produced it, they would have credits to cover the whole week, so it's not as if Five are going to be stuck with a backlog of omnibus episodes in a cupboard somewhere going unused.

Huh? Who said anything about seven producing it? Tainted Muse was simply saying that Five might be moving it to a different slot. We all know five make the omnibus themselves :)

I hope they DO show the omnibus on the new channel if they have scrapped it from the original channel, but wouldn't they wait till it was launched?

Archived