If Pippa had stayed?

j.laur5

8 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

I think a good time for Pippa to have left would had been in June 2000. Pippa could have got married instead of Sally being left at the altar. It would be good for her to leave, with her foster kids returning, and Debra be leaving role after ten years. 

Or if the wedding was Pippa's leaving storyline, she get married and have her happily ever after wedding? :P

It only ended badly for Sally because they needed an excuse for the reunion and not a long-term partner for Sally (at that stage!). 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On April 21, 2016 at 20:43, j.laur5 said:

Just say that Pippa had stayed for more years to come, how would be things be different.

I wonder if they would have made Ian regular and married Pippa off again.

I think Sally would have stayed living at Summer Bay House for a while longer.

I say we would not have had Joel and  Natalie or Rhys and Shelley and Pippa would have fostered Tom/Gyspy/Jade/Dani/Kristy/Broadie/Max.

What if Pippa had died and Tom had lived instead? ?

• 2 weeks later...

I agree - Irene has worked fine as a single character for the majority of her stint. Like, she has still been a great foster mum/taken in waifs and strays without a male counterpart. 

Do you reckon they would have paired her off with someone like Michael if Vanessa had stayed on as Pippa? Or you think they would have created Michael as a different sort of character? Like Tom and Pippa #1 always seemed fun and laid back, whereas Pippa #2 and Michael always seemed so dull and morose.

6 hours ago, adam436 said:

I agree - Irene has worked fine as a single character for the majority of her stint. Like, she has still been a great foster mum/taken in waifs and strays without a male counterpart. 

Do you reckon they would have paired her off with someone like Michael if Vanessa had stayed on as Pippa? Or you think they would have created Michael as a different sort of character? Like Tom and Pippa #1 always seemed fun and laid back, whereas Pippa #2 and Michael always seemed so dull and morose.

No, I don't think so. I don't think Pippa 1 and Michael would've bonded at all.

I Think Michael and Pippa 2 are very similar in the sense that they are very cold and not very emotional. 

Ailsa came across as a big sister type to Pippa 1, they had a loving frienship. From what I've seen of Ailsa and Pippa 2, the dynamic changed. 

5 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

No, I don't think so. I don't think Pippa 1 and Michael would've bonded at all.

I Think Michael and Pippa 2 are very similar in the sense that they are very cold and not very emotional. 

Ailsa came across as a big sister type to Pippa 1, they had a loving frienship. From what I've seen of Ailsa and Pippa 2, the dynamic changed. 

Ailsa never seemed all  that close to Debra's Pippa like she was with Vanessa's Pippa. 

I think Ailsa grew to be more close to Irene than Pippa. 

Both Irene and Ailsa had a dark past and I think that’s what made them close. 

4 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

It would have been good to see Debra's Pippa with Tom rather than Vanessa's Pippa with Michael.

Yes Tom and Pippa #2 would definitely have been better suited than Michael and Pippa #1. 

I reckon had we still had Vanessa Downing, the new husband would have been more fun, someone with a similar personality to Joel Nash or John. Like, both characters were/are really fun, but still have that fatherliness and stern authoritative figure about them :) 

8 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

It would have been good to see Debra's Pippa with Tom rather than Vanessa's Pippa with Michael.

I'm not sure about that....I can't see that combination at all..I'm sure that Debra Lawrence was a great actress in other ventures but I don't think "Pippa" is the right character for her at all, just like Roo is not meant for Georgie Parker.

DebPip lacks the "Warmth" of the Pippa character, I don't see the bond with Bobby, Frank, Carly that VanPippa had with them. 

Archived