If Pippa had stayed?

j.laur5

11 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

DebPip lacks the "Warmth" of the Pippa character, I don't see the bond with Bobby, Frank, Carly that VanPippa had with them. 

I think it's more that Pippa was widowed around that time of the change over so that explains the perceived lack of warmth.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

But how does that explain VanPippa's continued lack of warmth?

How long should she take to "get over" the death of her love? The kids she fostered with Tom are a constant reminder of the loss so if she seemed distant to them it makes sense too.

I didn't think she lacked warmth.

28 minutes ago, harrietjames said:

How long should she take to "get over" the death of her love? The kids she fostered with Tom are a constant reminder of the loss so if she seemed distant to them it makes sense too.

Also Pippa and Tom adopted Sally

8 hours ago, harrietjames said:

I ddon't buy that excuse, was she distant from Christopher? I just don't think Pippa is a good role for Debra.

10 hours ago, harrietjames said:

Sorry, I meant to say DebPip's continued lack of warmth

1 hour ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

I do love the ongoing Vanessa Pippa vs Debra Pippa debates. It seems to not take long for Pippa to get over Michael, and by this time Vanessa's Pippa was long long gone.

In my opinion Pippa should've been on her own for a few years. I mentioned previously that the characters tend to get over relationships very quickly and in Pippa's case it was way too quick for me. 

10 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Sorry, I meant to say DebPip's continued lack of warmth

In my opinion Pippa should've been on her own for a few years. I mentioned previously that the characters tend to get over relationships very quickly and in Pippa's case it was way too quick for me. 

I knew that's what you meant and I responding accordingly. I didn't think that either Pippa lacked warmth. New Pippa felt wrong initially but then I got used to her to the point where Deb is more Pippa, than Vanessa for me...

5 hours ago, harrietjames said:

I knew that's what you meant and I responding accordingly. I didn't think that either Pippa lacked warmth. New Pippa felt wrong initially but then I got used to her to the point where Deb is more Pippa, than Vanessa for me...

We have to agree to disagree. In my opinion the role of Pippa was not for Debra. Maybe I would think differently if she was the first Pippa however there is a big obvious difference in how Vanessa and Debra play the character. 

Archived