Josie just upped and left!!

Guest Henry

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Laurie's opinion on Josie's exit as told to BTTB a day before her exit aired in Oz :wink:

Do you feel that Josie’s exit does the character justice?

Well not really, no it was a bit of a regret actually. I was so exhausted by the time that we filmed that, because Josie had had such big storylines, that the exit was a bit tepid. In hindsight, I would have taken that up with Dan, but I was just too tired at that stage because of the heavy storylines – I think I’d had about 6 of them in a row and I was just on the point of nervous exhaustion.

Well they’ve left it open for a return, and the relationship with Seven is a really good one, so I think the exit reflects that - it wasn’t dramatic. It doesn’t really do her relationship with Tasha justice, but I think that was what they wanted.

Yeah, I remember that... And I remember thinking how it made totally no sense that Josie wouldn't have a proper goodbye with Tasha. I mean, she moved to Summer Bay to be with her in the first place! You think she'd want to say goodbye.

And by that I mean the *viewers* would want to see them say goodbye. Sure, we can assume they said it off screen. But then, we could just 'assume' everything in every episode happens off screen and then they wouldn't have to make the show at all. :rolleyes:

It's funny how during Bevan's tenure, it really seemed like the Osbournes/Russells could become a core family on the show. But in fact, DB's downplayed exit for Josie doesn't do Tasha justice either.

Worst piece of drivel I've ever seen that barely passes for good TV at all. Anyone could have written that.

The whole reason Josie moved to the bay and gave up *everything* in her life was to be with Tasha. She forgave Tasha for ruining her wedding and then for treating her like dirt when she was working against Macklin. But now suddenly we don't even get to see her saying goodbye to her?

It's obvious to me and I'm sure many others can see it too, that Josie's character was in the middle of some pretty good stuff and there were loads of different ways her character could have gone from here. Seems weird they wrote her out in the middle of all this.

Very weird. She was a great, popular character who, like you said Ste, could have gone in many different directions. Why make the likes of Josie leave when people like Hayley are still there? Ok, Hayley leaves too but the fact that her storyline right now is so overwhelmingly boring when most of Josie's were very exciting is just annoying!

Archived