Josie just upped and left!!

Guest Henry

That's what I loved about Josie! She wasn't just a simple evil character, she had many different levels to her and they were developed as time went on. Amanda sounds great but yeah, I don't think she's going to be like that. An evil character is always good, lol, but so is one like Josie.

I never expected to like Josie, found her quite boring at first and wasn't interested in her storylines but, as time went by, I found myself warming to her. This is a result of Laurie Foell's excellent acting. The show has lost so much by letting her go!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that her gone for good now? Damn! Trust it to be the episode that I happened to miss!  :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You didn't miss much, I assure you.

I'd heard how disappointing the exit was, but I'd never imagined that.

Well she won't be back anytime soon as Laurie is living, or planning to live, in the uk! But I hope one day she'll reappear. I was disappointed with Josie's storylines but her character was fantastic. This is what H&A does so well (although not often enough IMO) - creating three-dimensional, realistic characters who have just as many bad qualities as good ones. Irene, Josie, Morag and Jesse are just a few examples. That's as opposed to, say, Hayley, who wouldn't so much as swat a fly (before her character assassination, at least).

Anyway, Josie's exit was crap. I hate those kind of exits when you're never sure if they've actually gone for good or if there's more. They just did something similar in Eastenders with the character of Tina and it really annoys me. Seeing as both Laurie and Ben Unwin were leaving I think it would have been fitting if she and Jesse had reunited and gone off together. It would have been realistic seeing as they were getting on so well and had seeminly come full circle in their relationship, plus they would have had a proper leaving party! And I hate what they're doing with Jesse. :angry:

*Sigh*

It all depends on what their plans are for the future.

If Josie left together with Jesse, and at some point in the future they want to bring her back, but Ben doesn't want to take up his role as Jesse again.. Then they would probably do a Will/Gypsy, saying he can't make it, which I find extremely annoying.

But I guess any other exit would have been better than this one. Not only was it cheap and difficult to watch without thinking 'bad writing' , it was also a disgrace for a character and actress that meant so much to the show.

She did leave very suddenly, didn't she? I kind of stopped watching H&A a while back when Kane and Kirsty left but I happened to have the TV on in the background with the Josie leaving episode. I was like 'uh...is that it then?'

I'd have been furious if they'd just written Kane out like that with no proper explanations or anything so I can understand your anger.

The worst thing about it was that she's done the same thing so many times (well, one or two, but every time it was made out like she was really leaving) that it wasn't clear that she was actually going for good this time. Particularly as it was so low key, if I hadn't known that this was really it I'd have assumed she'd be back in a couple of weeks.

The episode that was shown last night here had Josie giving the batch of letters to Jesse and telling him it was important that Scott got his. Then next we had Colleen in the diner saying she was gone. Was that it? Was the bit on the beach with Jesse supposed to be Josie's final scene> If so, Laurie must have been soooo insulted at the exit she was given.

Archived