Diesel And Sally

Guest davc

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ryan... I think that is very small minded, i think you do have the

right to have your say, but there is having it and been rude about it. People sit

around saying that soaps should be more about real life, so believe it or not there

is Lesbian and Gay couples out there with kids. All i was saying is it would be nice

to stop seeing the soap world black and white maybe have it a little different for a

change.

Ryan... I think that is very small minded, i think you do have the

right to have your say, but there is having it and been rude about it. People sit

around saying that soaps should be more about real life, so believe it or not there

is Lesbian and Gay couples out there with kids. All i was saying is it would be nice

to stop seeing the soap world black and white maybe have it a little different for a

change.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was'nt knocking your post, my reference to the reply to Ryan was that a lot of oldies tend to be ignorent of this and state that it did'nt happen i their day, in which it did but had to be a closed subject.

Lesbians and Gay's are a part of real life therefore should be shown in soaps as part of life, they have the right to a eqaul life to what makes them happy.

I'd chase them out of town with a wooden stick.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah and Colleen and Alf running behind stating this would never happen in my day :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I remember well Colleen's reaction to Gypsy's little "experiment". It was very much along those same lines.

This storyline hasn't really built up as much as I thought it would. Originally we saw a lot of it from Diesel's perspective, so we could understand why he was getting the signals wrong and falling in love (like drawing the picture of Sally, his face when she kissed him on the cheek, etc). His character was filmed very much in the sense that you'd expect it to be him to be a new main character and this was his opening storyline. But since Diesel accused Sally of misconduct we have seen it all from Sally's side and we haven't really seen any of Diesel unless he's being confronted or he's confronting her. I think there's been a big shift in perspective which has made the storyline flow weirdly.

I know what you mean, Ste. It shouldn't be totally one sided, at any point during the storyline, and yeah, it has been. I guess the writers or whoever were just really eager for us to believe that Sally hadn't done anything so they felt they had to write it from her perspective because she's such a well loved character.

Sally is one of my favourite characters always has been, but I can honestly

understand where you’re coming from with the one sided story. I think sometimes

it’s because Sally has been in it for years and she’s probably the best loved

character of all time and always will be. I think even though Sally hadn’t done

anything I think making the storyline more believable more on the edge of your

sit believable I think people would understand it from both sides instead of it been

one sided like most storylines are with a lot of soaps. I think the storyline has

gone pretty quick too wasn’t enough drama in it, I really thought it was going to

be fantastic a well worth waiting for Home and Away, but its starting to be over

before its even began. I thing they just dived into it straight after the stalker thing.

I mean people are still talking about the stalker now, they didn’t give it chance to

get the bay back calm again. Storylines always work best when you do that,

sometimes with Home and Away I think they’re so fast on getting storylines out

they rush them don’t give them a chance to developed into a great storyline,

where people will think wow that was fantastic. Home and Away have had some

amazing storylines can’t fault that, but I think over the past year soaps seem

more interested in competing with each other they forget about what is important,

about what makes an amazing story a story.

Archived