How will todays cast be remembered in five years?

Guest Ryan

There are some characters I will never forget, like Don, Alf, Irene and Sally. Don was and is a lagend. Also Pippa and Tom. Of the other characters who have left certain ones stick in my mind like Shane and Angel, Gypsy and Will, Ailsa, Bobby, Vinnie, and of course Kirsty and Kane. Also some of the baddies like Saul, Angie and Brad, I don't think that Josh or Amanda will be remembered in quite the same way as they are, if at all. Of the current cast it will depend on what they do with them and whether the stories they give them are truly memorable. I think I'll remember Corey because that was a good story, I'll probably remember the paternity stuff because it went on too long, :P . Kit and Matilda have the potential to be memorable characters as does Barry, but as I said it will depend on what they do with them.

Seeing the Invctus clip in this section made me realise how much of a hole was left when Don left.

Of the current cast I predict Alf, Irene, Sally and Beth will definitely be remembered and they wll probably still be there in five years time. Tasha might be, at least the Tasha she was when she arrived might be. I am not sure about Robbie. Kit definitely, and possibly Matilda. I also think Peter certainly will be remembered as he has the X factor.

Remember last year how Scott did strectches and he talked about himself dancing and stuff when he was younger lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I know, but I know plenty of people who did dancing when they were younger and they don't look like there are about to start dancing any second.

Seeing the Invctus clip in this section made me realise how much of a hole was left when Don left.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Absolutely. Barry Hyde comes nowhere near. He certainly has the potential to, but not enough effort or time is put into the adult characters these days to make them "classic".

Exactly.

Characters such as Don, Alf, Sally, Ailsa, Pippa etc. are a very big part of the show, its history and what it's all about.

How can any of the current older cast member ever live up to their standard if TPTB insist on giving all available screen time to younger, less experienced and rather limited characters.

I agree with you to a point Liz, but the show has always been aimed at young viewers and there has always been a lot of emphasis on the younger characters. When Pippa was around the focus was on her foster kids (Shannon, Justine, Jack etc) just as much as it is on Ric, Cassie and the like. But I'd still like to see the oldies have more stories, if by some miracle TPTB are listening... :rolleyes:

I think to be fair 2005 has seen the growns up take centre stage a lot more than in the previous few years. I just don't think enough time or effort is put into "shaping" new adult characters. I mean look at Colleen, Don, Alf, Morag etc... they all have their mannerisms, catch phrases, things that make them classic characters. Nowadays when an adult character is written in they aren't really given anything to make their characters unique. Yes Barry is a bit stuffy and grumpy.... ooooh how original :P Other examples would be Dan and Flynn... these characters don't really have anything about them that would make people look back in 10 years time and immediately remember things about them... other than "Oh yeah I remember Dan... he was the guy who used to sit in the Diner sometimes and drink coffee with leah!"

Archived