How will todays cast be remembered in five years?

Guest Ryan

Assuming the show is still around in 2010, and they are celebrating there 5000th episode, when we look back how will recent years (say 2003-2005) be remembered like.

When you look back there's names of characters that made the opening titles that I could reel off and many of you wouldn't know who they were.

Donna, Rob, Viv, Lucinda and maybe even more recently Edward, Peta, Harry and Shauna.

Now, they weren't around for a long time, but neither were Henry, Kit or being controversial, Josie, (however Henry is bad example, as you didn't know he was there when he was there)

People go crazy when they hear Amanda, Robbie, Tasha or Kim's name.

Are todays bunch memorable? Will we look back in five years time fondly upon them?

Well I'll remember Alf, Sally, Irene & Colleen. They'll probably still be there though. Hopefully.

I'll never forget Sally anyway, so therefore when I think of her, I'll remember Flynn (her 1st husband) whom she had baby Pippa with, and therefore remember Leah, and then through Leah remember Vinnie, then Dan and Peter. I'll also remember Pippa (snr), Michael & Tom through Sally and various foster kids, Frank, Steven, Carly, Lynn, Sophie, Bobby, Justine, Tiegan, Jack etc... Plus Sally's foster kids, Ric & Cassie.

With Alf I will remember Ric, Martha (through her, Roo) & Morag, plus Ailsa, Morag, Celia, Barbara, and through them remember Duncan, Shauna, Bobby, Greg, Sam, Donald (Shane, Angel, Nick etc...), Rebecca, Alan, Seb, Travis, Joel, Natalie, Gypsy, Tom, Will, Lilly, Hayley, Nick, Ken, Irene, Damien, Finlay, Nathan, Noah, Jude, Charlotte etc...

Also, through the houses as well, especially Summer Bay House, remembering it's residents, even the Sutherlands, although they can be remembered through Sally's links to Leah and the Leah - Alex - Brodie - Sutherlands. Simple.

It is all character association, if you remember the two longest running characters, or even just Alf (who people will never forget, people who don't watch the show know who he is) you can remember the characters they were linked to, and then link those characters to their linked characters etc...

I remember 2004 cast pretty well, even with all that cast changes... But like you said c120701, when you think of one character, a chain connects to them and you think of all the others... That's how i would remember everyone. I do that now though with all the past cast

Lol i love Scott, and i do think that most of this cast are memorable through charater association or links. There isn't anyone who isn't connected, if there was it would be harder to remember them. The characters i will always remember are Alf, Ailsa, Sally, Hayley, Noah, Jesse, Dan, Leah, Vinnie, Shannon and Peter. There are lots more but i have no time to list them!

x

Out of the current uk cast, the ones that have been there the longest will be remembered most. That's Alf, Irene, Sally, Flynn, Jesse, Colleen, Hayley, Leah. However, there are some characters who will be remembered simply because they were involved in major storylines (eg. Zoe). Of the rest, I don't think the Hunters will be remembered that much, except maybe Kit (by die-hard fans). Cassie, Martha, Ric, Robbie, Kim, Dan and Scott probably won't be remembered unless they have something big happen to them before they leave (eg. one of them has a sex change, comes out as gay, turns evil or gets killed by the Summer Bay Beast). Tasha might be remembered for her looks and for the way she arrived in the bay (and for being Angie's daughter), and I think Josie will be remembered, but more for being Angie. Oh and Barry will only be remembered if he ends up married to Irene.

Did I miss anyone?

I think i'll remember Martha for definite, but this is for my own reasons though :ph34r: I think Alf, Sally, Irene, Scott, Morag, Leah and Colleen are probably the ones that might be remembered the most, well, in my opinion anyway.

Archived