The Book Thread

MarMar

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recently re-read 'Great Expectations' (read it about 13 years ago at school but couldn't remember much of it) and loved it - now moved on to 'David Copperfield'.

Anyone who doesn't know the author of those probably wouldn't be in this thread :P

Entangled by Cat Clarke.

I bought it today and started it before. It's very good. (I'd say it was almost un-put-down-able, but since I put it down ten minutes ago, I'd be lying. :P) The only reason I did put it down is because, before I bought it, I had nothing else to read and since I'm such a fussy reader, when I find a book I enjoy, I have to read it at as slow a pace I can, so that I don't read it too fast and then have nothing to read.

Anyway, (so far) it's brilliant. Completely strange, intruiging, very WTF?, but brilliant. I'll carry on reading tomorrow and wouldn't be surprised if I finished it.

Cat Clarke is certainly a clever writer. From what I can gather, this is her debut novel, but (so long as it continues to be good) she could be one to watch out for. :)

Look, I'm rambling. LOL. Maybe I should write a novel myself? (HA! I can dream.) :lol:

Archived