Ella Scott Lynch - The New Hayley

Guest jessica_r

From NIDA to the Bay

By celebrity writer PHILLIP KOCH

June 5, 2005

The Sunday Telegraph

THE unknown actor who will replace Bec Cartwright in Home And Away is a beautiful redhead who graduated from NIDA last year.

Top spot: Ella Scott Lynch will replace Bec Cartwright in Home and Away

Ella Scott Lynch, 22, beat 100 wanna-be soap stars to secure the role in the popular Channel Seven series which made Bec Cartwright, 21, a huge television star.

"I was really nervous about meeting the rest of the cast," admitted Lynch, who met all her co-stars at a secret cast meeting on Thursday.

Lynch will replace Cartwright and play her character Hayley when the blonde starlet officially leaves the show in two weeks time.

"It makes it a real challenge," Lynch said. "I don't look at all like her but I want to capture an essence of her warm personality."

Cartwright, who is four months pregnant and engaged to Lleyton Hewitt, is leaving the show to prepare for her wedding to the tennis champion. And while fans are already lamenting the loss of Cartwright, her world famous fiance makes a special guest appearance in the series this week.

Australian viewers will still see Cartwright on air until August, when Lynch will make her on-screen debut.

topspot5vf.png

Jess

xoxo

Meet the new `Bec'

Sunday Herald Sun

5 June 2005

ELLA Scott Lynch has beaten more than 100 hopefuls to replace Bec Cartwright on the popular soap Home and Away.

The pretty redhead will take over the role of Hayley from Cartwright, who waves goodbye to Summer Bay in three weeks after more than six years with the show.

"I'm really excited and a little daunted by taking over someone else's role," 22-year-old Scott Lynch said.

Cartwright announced she would quit the show three weeks ago, following a whirlwind year in which she became engaged and pregnant to tennis ace Lleyton Hewitt. They are set to marry in Sydney on July 21.

Scott Lynch visited the Home and Away set this week, but has not yet met Cartwright.

"I'm hoping before it all begins we'll get a chance to sit down and have a chat. It must be weird for her too," she said.

She admited she was shocked when offered the role, particularly because she doesn't resemble Cartwright.

"I don't look at all like her. The audience will have to readjust really dramatically."

Bull****!

It doesn't matter what someone looks like! It didn't take long to get used to the other 3 major recasts the show has had!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mmm, I'm not sure, but to disagree with you might cause bad blood in the BB house, I don't want you voting me out. :lol:

Archived