msf

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds25073.html

'Emmerdale' scripts discovered in pub

Saturday, October 8 2005, 15:22 BST -- by Daniel Kilkelly

Details of upcoming Emmerdale storylines have been found by two fans in a Leeds pub.

Stuart Riddell and Chris Harpin discovered that secret plotlines had been left underneath a newspaper on a chair in the bar.

The documents revealed plans to film a Mediterranean special, containing flight and accommodation details for stars including Hayley Tamaddon (Delilah) and Charley Webb (Debbie).

Future plots exposed to the pair include a gay kiss, a prison sentence, and a character being diagnosed with cancer.

"I'm a fan, and realised I was reading the plot of episodes I'd never seen," Stuart told the Daily Star. "I asked around if anyone knew who'd left them there, but no one had a clue."

Chris added, "If I was a TV star I wouldn't want to be getting on a plane knowing wacko fans could have bought up all the other seats."

The scripts have now been safely returned to producers.

"We are investigating and steps will be taken to ensure the cast and crew are protected," a spokesperson insisted.

The error comes just nine months after a Leeds student received plotlines from the show in the post.

Yeah I liked that too. I think that's the best way to do an incest storyline, because they aren't actually related (I find that too nauseating to watch), but they'd grown up together like brother and sister. I've never really liked Kelly's character though. I realise that you're not meant to like her, but there are soap bitches who you love to hate and then there are ones you just hate - and she is the latter! An example of the former, for me, would be someone like Sadie. Kelly just seems to have got even more whiny and irritating since she came back.