Classic episodes

Shannon 12

Is it the same episodes as last year or different ones?

I was looking at the list on the main website and thinking I'm sure some of these aired this time last year.

ETA:  I can see now that the episodes are different from last year.

Edited by Chair

14 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

They constantly show that Atomic Kitten one probably because the show was still fresh on C5, probably pulling it 2.5m on average around 2002 (UK airdate)

For that episode, I remember having seen some of the Don trying to find Marilyn and Don and the others going for the book event, but I don't remember having seen the Atomic Kitten part before now.

I remember back in 2002, it had been in The Guardian's Guide magazine that Nick was meeting Atomic Kitten, but 7 year old me had JUST been banned from watching Home and Away for the next 18 months or so, so I didn't see that episode then.

On 28/11/2023 at 16:02, CaptainHulk said:

Banned, eh?

I'm all ears.

Just because I was 7.  I think my grandma had seen the episode where Seb came off the surfboard and had to be rescued by Nick, thought it was a bit scary and that I was a bit young for it, and possibly told my mum to not let me watch.

However, the next storylines I remember was a lot more grown-up - Angie Russell's hold of Nick, Nick and some magic mushrooms, and Kit's alcohol issues.

There are 2 things that strike me from the episodes they are showing from the last 15 years or so. First of all I'm struggling to remember who all the characters were when I see them. Secondly it seems a lot of characters are just clones of their predecessors. 

I watched all these episodes the first time round and don't think I've forgotten any characters in name, but have no memory of what Spencer or Oscar look like to the extent that on todays episode where Spencer appeared I thought it may have been Oscar until it looked like he was going to kiss Evie and the next scene where we see Oscar himself dancing with Maddie who seemed like a clone of Nicole. When Evie first appeared today my initial thought was that I didn't realise April was still on the show in 2014 and dated Josh until I realised it was Evie.

In the first classic episode when I saw Andy in his gym uniform I thought that could just as easily be Tane. 

In the earlier episodes most characters are distinctive but many of the later characters just seem like the same person. Anyone else finding this?

4 hours ago, Revealed said:

There are 2 things that strike me from the episodes they are showing from the last 15 years or so. First of all I'm struggling to remember who all the characters were when I see them. Secondly it seems a lot of characters are just clones of their predecessors. 

I watched all these episodes the first time round and don't think I've forgotten any characters in name, but have no memory of what Spencer or Oscar look like to the extent that on todays episode where Spencer appeared I thought it may have been Oscar until it looked like he was going to kiss Evie and the next scene where we see Oscar himself dancing with Maddie who seemed like a clone of Nicole. When Evie first appeared today my initial thought was that I didn't realise April was still on the show in 2014 and dated Josh until I realised it was Evie.

In the first classic episode when I saw Andy in his gym uniform I thought that could just as easily be Tane. 

In the earlier episodes most characters are distinctive but many of the later characters just seem like the same person. Anyone else finding this?

Very much so and it's even noticeable when it happens but more so when watching back to back from different eras. That's probably mainly way they stick to the three year thing as the writers probably feel that's usually enough for most characters so they write them out and replace them with similar characters as theyre already familiar with writing them. A lot of the time they can feel generic or just a copy and paste...some characters will be different enough (I think April was in the first year) but a lot can be interchanged even with their current characters.