Characters that looked like they were going get together but didn't.

project90

Normally there build up to relationships you see a mile away that they going to get together but rare occasions it doesn't actually happen!

Only 3 spring to mind for me

Tash and Jack after the barn explosion and helicopter accident where Robbie and Martha lost in the bush. Jack and Tasha start bonding and forming a connection. Than Robbie and Martha rescued I think there one episode where they feel awkward that they can't talk like they have been latley than it completely dropped forever.

VJ and Coco after Billie dies it really looks like Coco was being set up as VJ new love interest but nothing ever comes of it.

Cash and Rose arrives and has a crush on Cash he seems return the feelings but all fizzled out.

Now I absolutely hated idea of all the listed above so I'm wondering if writers realised it would be terrible to and change direction. 

Brax and Leah and Leah and Peter .

Also I was under the impression Charlotte was starting to set her eyes on Ash a bit after it ended with Kyle and once  Billie returned it went out the window. 

I know they were kind of a couple before but I think Colby and Jasmine would become a proper couple if Colby wasn’t sent to prison. 

Tori and Robbo they built up their friendship for what I thought was going to be a relationship only for Robbo to hook up with Jasmine which made no sense and came out of nowhere.

I think Nate and Hannah should have got together. They were friends and both doctor/nurse. But they went with different love interests instead.

On 14/07/2023 at 10:56, project90 said:

VJ and Coco after Billie dies it really looks like Coco was being set up as VJ new love interest but nothing ever comes of it.

Wasn't that more of a schoolgirl crush that was unreciprocated?

The thing is, although he'd gone back to school to repeat year 12, VJ was really an adult character by then.  He was a widower with a baby to look after while Coco was 16 and a child in comparison.  With Billie being a bit older than VJ, Coco would definitely have felt like a step backwards.

Edited by homeandawayroxsomuch.

Grant and Bobby - it certainly looked that way at one stage and this one made sense from a promotional perspective too, since Craig McLachlan was one of Australia's most popular actors at the time and Bobby was the most popular character in H&A. 

Donald and Judith - then they went down the Joel/Judith route and then abruptly wrote her out. Maybe the long-term plan was for them to become a couple before she was written out. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

A few come to mind for me.

The first is Phoebe and Brody, when the Morgans arrived and even though Phoebe slept with Justin in a one-night stand thing, the next morning she hung out with Brody and the chemistry was well and truly there, I was under the impression they liked each other. Honestly, a love triangle for Brody/Phoebe/ Justin would of been great as long as she chose Brody as they made more sense to me them her and Justin.

The only other one that comes to mind for me is Leah and Peter they would of been better them Leah and Dan, but Miles is still the best relationship Leah had

5 hours ago, zara grace said:

Miles is still the best relationship Leah had

I feel like so much time was wasted on Miles and Leah. By the time they got together, he was almost ready to leave. If they had got together earlier on, instead of Kirsty/Miles and Roman/Leah, maybe we would have got a bit more milage out of them. 

The same thing happened with Zac and Leah. It was about 2 years before they got together, and then they only got a year or so before the marriage fell apart.

Another one for the list: Donald and Pippa #1.