Characters that looked like they were going get together but didn't.

project90

40 minutes ago, adam436 said:

I feel like so much time was wasted on Miles and Leah. By the time they got together, he was almost ready to leave. If they had got together earlier on, instead of Kirsty/Miles and Roman/Leah, maybe we would have got a bit more milage out of them. 

The same thing happened with Zac and Leah. It was about 2 years before they got together, and then they only got a year or so before the marriage fell apart.

Another one for the list: Donald and Pippa #1. 

I agree with you in regards to they should have gotten together in 2009, I feel like they did the other two pairing to stall Miles/Leah from happening which was such a bad idea they should just have Miles/Leah from the start. I also hope they Miles pops back on screen for her someday

18 hours ago, adam436 said:

I feel like so much time was wasted on Miles and Leah. By the time they got together, he was almost ready to leave. If they had got together earlier on, instead of Kirsty/Miles and Roman/Leah, maybe we would have got a bit more milage out of them

Don't know if that was on purpose or not but great play on words

On 14/11/2023 at 16:59, zara grace said:

Me too, I honestly thought they would but them Harvey who I hated came onto the scene

I wonder if they intended to reunite Roo and Sid. I'd say yes given that they'd spent some much time building them up. Harvey was only meant to be a quest character for a few months but Marcus(Harvey) asked the producers to extend his contract so he ended up staying for over two years 

• 2 weeks later...

In recent years, there are two ships that fit this imo: Tane/Mackenzie, and Cash/Rose. They did delve into Tane/Mackenzie a little bit, but I'm surprised more didn't happen with them. I could actually see something happening with them in the future, but for now it feels like the writers have dropped the romantic side of their relationship. Also, I feel like the romantic feelings were mutual between Cash and Rose, although at times the writers made it seem unrequited. 

2 hours ago, fangirloverload101 said:

In recent years, there are two ships that fit this imo: Tane/Mackenzie, and Cash/Rose. They did delve into Tane/Mackenzie a little bit, but I'm surprised more didn't happen with them. I could actually see something happening with them in the future, but for now it feels like the writers have dropped the romantic side of their relationship. Also, I feel like the romantic feelings were mutual between Cash and Rose, although at times the writers made it seem unrequited. 

I think they planned on having a love triangle with those two and Jasmine but then when the latter left, they just rewrote a lot of that and made it seem it was more just Rose and then bring Eden in as a potential interest so they could drop the planned storyline with Rose.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

I also wonder if they toying with idea of Leah and Nate at one stage back in 2014 and wondering if producers  were deciding between Nate or Zac for Leah next partner. 

Yeah I see that being very likely. She seemed closer to Nate than Zac prior to their relationship if I remember.