Storylines That Went Way, Way Too Far

project90

Came across this wondering what everyone opinion was on the list and if was any they'd like to add themselves 

in regards to number 1 I wasn't watching the show at the time is there anything more to it that happen to make it more believable?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tahliapritchard/nope-kirsty-and-kane-nope?d_id=5783724&ref=bffbbuzzfeedoz&utm_source=dynamic&utm_campaign=bffbbuzzfeedoz

• Haha 1

There was a storyline early on where Floss McPhee (retired circus fortune teller who lived in the Caravan Park) had a premonition about Frank Morgan. She foresaw him having a car accident in a blue(?) car with a specific registration. Just before his wedding, whaddya know? He was given a present of a blue car with a registration plate that matched Floss's premonition. He crashed it after Roo jilted him at the altar and he fled the church. 

• Like 1

On 09/05/2023 at 03:53, project90 said:

in regards to number 1 I wasn't watching the show at the time is there anything more to it that happen to make it more believable?

As with most of that article, it's less of a meticulous researched account of what actually happened and more what some guy on the internet vaguely remembers. (Actually, that's not fair, a lot of it is accurate if a bit vague, there's only a few things that make me go "Yeah, that didn't happen.") I can't quite remember the details, but as I recall Casey was actually handcuffed next to the only tree in the area, which was a famous landmark. And Brax didn't even find him there, he found him later, after an explosion visible from some distance away was set off right next to him.

The Annie and Jai thing was definitely one that stuck out to me, I do remember it was explained that Annie just decided to relocate to Japan permanently, she would have been 16 and therefore able to consent that kind of thing. Jai was given absolutely nothing though, my assumption though is that he did the same thing, and I think that because Miles left the show a couple of years after who is the adult, he was closest to, there was never a reason to mention what happened to him from other people because he likely reconnected with Miles in Phuket. 

Personally a storyline that went way too far for me was the Tommy storyline, I didn't like the way that ended at all, and it's led to a ripple effect on similar type storylines where instead of the perpetrator going to prison they get killed....

• Like 1