After they left Summer Bay, what happened next?

cymbaline

If they're lucky, most visitors and residents to Summer Bay leave the town alive and in one piece. Sometimes they come back and we find out what they've been up to but more often than not, we don't. Have you ever wondered what happened to any of the characters after they bade the town fare farewell. There are many characters whose arcs finished nicely when they were written out and I'm not particularly curious about what happened next. Then there are others whose later lives I wonder about. Some which spring to my mind include: 

• Lynn Davenport: Lynn was written out of H&A too quickly in my opinion and it's a shame that she seems to be little more than a footnote these days. Still, I wonder what did happen to her after she returned to her religious yet strangely un-Christian family. Did they treat her properly this time around? Did Lynn's time with the Fletchers stop her from turning into a clone of her parents?
  • Steven Matheson: Steven is a complicated character whose ability to shoot himself in the foot knew no bounds. I like to think that he's happily settled down with Selina somewhere but he probably isn't and he's still making a mess of his life.
  • Stacey Macklin: Stacey broke off her engagement to Andrew Foley in 1989 and boarded a plane to the USA to team up with Nina again. Did they paint the town red and try to market another pop band? We know that Stacey later returned to the family fold but I like to think that she had some fun times in San Francisco.
  • Patricia Coleman: Patricia was a minor character in 1990/1991 but I felt sad when her possible relationship with Donald Fisher was stopped in its tracks. The ex-nun moved to a school in the middle of nowhere and somehow I can see a 3 part mini-series coming on.
  • Lois Crawford: Lois is one of my favourite baddies from the Early Years. Despite being obviously unsuitable for the job of headmistress of Summer Bay High (or any school for that matter), the department simply moved the power-suited one on. To where? What happened next? We need to know.
  • Damien Roberts: Unusually for a former regular returning for some guest episodes. Damien managed to be more interesting than he'd been for years. As well as losing his virginity to Selina and almost becoming a father, he went on a path of discovery and became an actual Father. Did Fr Roberts stay in the priesthood and if so, where did he go next? 
  • Pippa: After moving away and settling down with Ian Routledge and their new baby, did Pip ever get back into the fostering game again? When she was living in Summer Bay, nothing could stop her fostering children even if things at home weren't going well. Married to Michael for 5 minutes? Nah, let's foster Tracey. Finances going down the toilet, it's time to foster Jack... Marriage going down the tubes, Hello Shannon.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like to imagine Steven and Selina as happily married with 3 kids, very busy (Selina being a nurse while Steven manages getting the kids to/from school, homework, bathtime, sports clubs, etc. with work between) but loving it.  They go to Pippa's for Christmas and Irene's for New Year (coordinating plans with Fin and Damian who also go to both places), and while Selina goes out for dinner one night with Shannon, Sally and Jack, Steven drinks beer and plays cards with Mandy.

Also, in a timeline where Flynn was alive and he and Sally lived close to Steven and Selina, Steven and Selina would stop to get coffee on their way to Sally and Flynn's.  Flynn and Selina would then go to work at the hospital together, and Steven would put the kettle on for tea while Sally got herself and little Pippa ready for school.

And when Selina finally got pregnant, Flynn looked out for her at work.

I don’t think there is anything to suggest that Pippa stop fostering once she moved and might still have done so. Remember in her final 2009 appearance  she said sorry that have leave earlier and that indicates that something happened at home and what caused her to leave earlier then she originally planned on staying for. 

As when Pippa return to look after Campbells while Irene was away she said I am staying for couple of weeks but ended up only staying one week. 

I wonder if Donald got back together with June after his 2007 appearance. 

On 04/12/2022 at 13:47, cymbaline said:

. I like to think that he's happily settled down with Selina somewhere but he probably isn't and he's still making a mess of his life.

On 05/12/2022 at 05:04, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

I like to imagine Steven and Selina as happily married with 3 kids

Kinda hate burst yout bubbles but channel 7 episode got like the classic weddings and births and everything at the moment. I just watched David Simpson birth (Sophie and Blake baby)  which is right before Sally and Flynn wedding. In the episode Steven told Sally he got married 3 months ago Sally all shocked saying Salina didn't say anything to her that when Stevn said wasn't to Salina was to someone named Lyn. And that you can belive you thought you found the one and be wrong. Whole purpose was just to add to the darma will Sally get cold feet about her wedding but yeah kinda a fact that they aren't together anymore. 

HCkm7kl.jpg

Following on from that was it ever mentioned what happen to Sophie and Blake after David was born in episode pretty much was said Blake a dead beat who walked out on them and I hate that they did that to his character. 

I do often wonder if anyone life gets easier once they leave the bay

4 hours ago, project90 said:

Kinda hate burst yout bubbles but channel 7 episode got like the classic weddings and births and everything at the moment. I just watched David Simpson birth (Sophie and Blake baby)  which is right before Sally and Flynn wedding. In the episode Steven told Sally he got married 3 months ago Sally all shocked saying Salina didn't say anything to her that when Stevn said wasn't to Salina was to someone named Lyn. And that you can belive you thought you found the one and be wrong. Whole purpose was just to add to the darma will Sally get cold feet about her wedding but yeah kinda a fact that they aren't together anymore. 

HCkm7kl.jpg

Following on from that was it ever mentioned what happen to Sophie and Blake after David was born in episode pretty much was said Blake a dead beat who walked out on them and I hate that they did that to his character. 

I do often wonder if anyone life gets easier once they leave the bay

This does, however, get reversed in episode 3998 when Pippa and Sally are lamenting about both Carly and Steven not being able to come to Alf's party, and Pippa follows that up with "I'm so glad that he and Selina are sorting out their problems though".  So hopefully, although Selina wasn't mentioned during Steven's return for Sally leaving in 2008, things went well for them after that.

Sophie and Blake's story also gets continued and resolved in episodes 3998-4000, ending in them getting engaged again and then not being heard about since.

2 hours ago, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

This does, however, get reversed in episode 3998 when Pippa and Sally are lamenting about both Carly and Steven not being able to come to Alf's party, and Pippa follows that up with "I'm so glad that he and Selina are sorting out their problems though".  So hopefully, although Selina wasn't mentioned during Steven's return for Sally leaving in 2008, things went well for them after that.

Sophie and Blake's story also gets continued and resolved in episodes 3998-4000, ending in them getting engaged again and then not being heard about since.

Going off and secretly marrying someone else, then have the marriage fail (?) is just what Steven would do. But after all the effort put into tying up his and Selina's story onscreen, to split them up again is unfair on long-term fans. I think the same with that Blake and Sophie reconciliation. Carrying on the drama off-screen isn't of value to anyone, especially when viewers know the old actors are only back for an episode or two.

On 05/12/2022 at 18:56, project90 said:

HCkm7kl.jpg

I did come up with a fanfic in my head to explain what happened to Lin.  But the fanfic hasn't made it to paper yet.

Archived