After they left Summer Bay, what happened next?

cymbaline

On 10/12/2022 at 10:49, adam436 said:

Well we know Tegan moved away to live with Pippa and Ian, so there may have been more. Though Pippa had two young biological children at that point, so I personally tend to think Tegan was probably the last. 

I wonder.... My take on it is that at first, Pippa settled down in her new home with Ian, Tiegan and her own two children. But that compulsion to foster kids never went away and she may have taken in one or two after a few years. Unless Ian put his foot down and said No. I don't think he was a foster parent sort of guy. It's also worth remembering that when Pippa decided to foster Tracey shortly after she married Michael, he was against it. The fear of ruining his new marriage made him reconsider. Ian didn't have that sort of baggage. 

On 11/12/2022 at 21:40, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

I somewhat doubt that.  Looking at the NSW Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages lists of popular baby names in the 1990s, Coral was hardly a popular baby name in 1999.  Meanwhile, Tamara appears 6 times, Dale once, Shane 7 times (but as a boy's name), Paul 8 times, and Mark and Olivia appeared every year of the 90s.  The ones that didn't appear at all were Philippa (and Carly and Ben did the naming after Pippa thing) and Byron (a literary icon for Donald).

The funny thing is, old lady names have made a bit of a comeback since. A Coral wouldn't look so out of place these days. On the Dale thing, I'm pretty sure Debra Lawrance has a sister called Dale.  

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/12/2022 at 00:07, cymbaline said:

I wonder.... My take on it is that at first, Pippa settled down in her new home with Ian, Tiegan and her own two children. But that compulsion to foster kids never went away and she may have taken in one or two after a few years. Unless Ian put his foot down and said No. I don't think he was a foster parent sort of guy. It's also worth remembering that when Pippa decided to foster Tracey shortly after she married Michael, he was against it. The fear of ruining his new marriage made him reconsider. Ian didn't have that sort of baggage. 

The funny thing is, old lady names have made a bit of a comeback since. A Coral wouldn't look so out of place these days. On the Dale thing, I'm pretty sure Debra Lawrance has a sister called Dale.  

I went to school with a Coral! (In the Mid 90s).

I reckon Ian would have been reluctant at first but been Unique in the role a foster dad differing from previous two Mr Pippas.

On 15/12/2022 at 12:11, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

Do you think Sally would have continued fostering after she moved to Thailand with Cassie and Pippa?  Or just helped out Cassie with her own baby?

I could see Sally becoming a foster mother, though not immediately. She grew up in a foster family which would've given her a perspective different to what most of us have. I think she also used to vote for new foster kids to be added to the family when there was a vote, unless I'm remembering that wrong. 

Archived