Channel Seven announces Ray Meagher special

Dag Dog

I don't particularly like Melissa Doyle but I'll watch it just for Ray!

On 29/09/2022 at 22:17, AliceSprings said:

This looks really good. I hope it’s picked up and shown in the UK (fingers crossed!). 

I think our version is based on the Uk version. 

On 29/09/2022 at 15:17, AliceSprings said:

This looks really good. I hope it’s picked up and shown in the UK (fingers crossed!). 

It probably won't be but if you use a VPN that has Australia as one of its options, you can catch up. That's how I watch Australian TV sometimes. 

• 2 weeks later...

That was an enjoyable watch (cheers NordVPN!) and it was a pleasant surprise to see so many faces from Home and Away's early years. It looks like they transported Roger Oakley straight from his lounge to the studio, going by what he was wearing though ? The relationship Ray still has with his sister-in-law Pat was definitely the most touching part of the evening. You could really hear the emotion in his voice when he spoke about losing his mum out of the blue like that. I also enjoyed the clips from his earlier acting career, including an early 1970s scene between him and Belinda Giblin and a 1980s movie about crocodiles. 

Edit: I hope it's OK to paste a link to a video of it that somebody has uploaded to YouTube? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqpxGAlxLZ8

• 4 weeks later...

I liked seeing Paula Duncan and that clip from Prisoner, it would have been interesting to see how some of the Home and Away cast reacted to such a show.

Other than that, it was a really lovely special and it was a good insight into his life.

Archived