Echo Point and Out of the Blue on Amazon Prime

Martin

Has anyone noticed that Echo Point has been added to Amazon Prime?

Good to see these 2 shortlived shows get a new lease of life and a chance to entertain new viewers. Out of the Blue is one of my all-time favourite shows and has amazing plot twists in almost every episode. Dan Bennett at his best.

Echo Point is a bit like Home and Away was in the mid 1990s and stars David Woodley amongst others. I started watching it the other night and am already up to episode 20, its a lot better than i remembered it being when I watched it in the UK on Trouble Channel many years ago. Lots of H&A actors too such as Rowena Wallace and Diarmid Heidenreich.

If you have watched either of these let me know what you think of them!

I've watched the entire series of Out of the Blue in two weeks and I loved it. It had a good combination of typical soap storylines intertwined with longer story arcs, such as the murder investigation which happens in the first few episodes. 

The cast had a good combination of Australian television veterans such as Diane Craig, Zoe Carides, Noel Hodda and Maggie Dence, alongside actors who went on to be known for other shows/movies, such as Katherine Hicks, Daniel Henshall and Ryan Johnson. The main cast also includes H&A stars Shane Withington (John Palmer) and Samara Weaving (Indigo Walker). 

The final episode is really shocking and unexpected though! I don't want to give it away for anyone who hasn't watched it, but it ends on a massive cliffhanger and I was incredibly frustrated that they left it like it that. 

Given those two have been uploaded to 10Play, I seriously have my fingers crossed for Breakers :D

On 05/05/2020 at 17:55, Old H&A Fan said:

Frannie is the sexiest chick on Echo Point ???❤️

Edwina is pretty hot too!❤️?❤️

It's interesting to see a young Joel Nash and Trevor Gunson act as uncle and nephew too. I also find it fascinating how much I dislike Louise Crawford in her role as Shelly, but I love almost every other character she's done since. I guess it does come down to the writing alot. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to see Roxane Wilson arrive in Summer Bay to take on a longterm role. She was a fabulous actress in both Echo Point and also Stingers. I could see her as a sassy headmistress.

Yes, I think Channel 10 thought they could compete with Home & Away's popularity. I remember reading it was very close to being renewed for the foreign market alone but things fell apart (I think its popularity might have been in Europe - Scandanavia and Germany from memory but I might have remembered that incorrectly).

Would be interesting to know how long it could have lasted if the deal had worked. Perhaps it could still have been on air alongside Neighbours and Home & Away!

On 08/05/2020 at 11:55, joany208121 said:

It's interesting to see a young Joel Nash and Trevor Gunson act as uncle and nephew too. I also find it fascinating how much I dislike Louise Crawford in her role as Shelly, but I love almost every other character she's done since. I guess it does come down to the writing alot. 

A young Joel Nash? Echo Point was less than 3 years before David Woodley joined Home and Away

On 21/05/2020 at 20:55, Martin said:

I'd love to see Roxane Wilson arrive in Summer Bay to take on a longterm role. She was a fabulous actress in both Echo Point and also Stingers. I could see her as a sassy headmistress.

She appears in an extended role in Out of the Blue too. She's the mother of Samara Weaving's character. 

Has anyone watched Out of the Blue? All of the discussion so far has been on Echo Point

Archived