Why was Pippa fed up with living in Summer Bay by end?.

j.laur5

Haha, and who'd blame her? In the decade she lived in Summer Bay she buried 2 husbands, her infant son and a foster daughter. If she continued on in that vein, she'd have been wise to buy some shares in the local undertaker's.

4 hours ago, Luigi Severus Fletcher said:

Hmm, we would have seen Pippa's departure some time this year, if it hadn't been for 7Two and their hiatus.

We'd be well past that now, wouldn't we? The Early years ended in early 1996 (I think!) and Pippa left in early 1998. The 7Two repeats ended at least 2 years now. 

On 13/05/2019 at 15:33, cymbaline said:

Haha, and who'd blame her? In the decade she lived in Summer Bay she buried 2 husbands, her infant son and a foster daughter. If she continued on in that vein, she'd have been wise to buy some shares in the local undertaker's.

? I literally laughed out loud at this!

• 3 months later...

Pippa's exit will always be dreadful in my eyes. 

Nothing emotion or special in the episode and we didn’t even get a proper goodbye scene with Pippa and Sally. 

I do realise Sally was grown up but then but it still would have  been nice for Pippa to have a  talk with Sally as Sally was her last foster child she arrived with and was leaving her behind. 

I don’t think Pippa even had an on screen goodbye with Alf/Ailsa/Irene.

I think they were angry Debra decided to leave so they gave her a bad exit to spite her.

They give Pippa a happy ending which they'd built up to for a little while and you think it's a dreadful exit? If the powers that be were "angry" at Debra leaving, why did they invite her back? She was just the latest in a long long line of actors who did their time on the show and moved on.

20 hours ago, cymbaline said:

They give Pippa a happy ending which they'd built up to for a little while and you think it's a dreadful exit? If the powers that be were "angry" at Debra leaving, why did they invite her back? She was just the latest in a long long line of actors who did their time on the show and moved on.

Perhaps I might be just thinking  out loud there. 

Her ending might of been happy but writing of her final episode was dreadful and her final episode was not even centered around her. Sally and Donald's last episode was basically centered around them and I think Pippa deserved the same treatment and if not more so.   

I understand that Pippa exit storyline would   probably  been difficult to do as you just had look at why  they recast Pippa in 1990 and I read they even consider recasting her again in 1998. 

I guest they didn’t want kill Pippa off as Forster kids would parentless  and I guest would been out of character for her to just leave over night. 

But I still  think episode could been more special and emotional if they used there imagination bit more. 

There was no mention of ether husband or past Forster children and no theme music it was insulting way to end character   who was pretty  much the main character for ten years  and whole reason why show started  was Pippa coming to town and sure show had to move on at some point form Pippa as she was always going eventually leave  show like all other characters but still it wasn’t best way to end era. . 

On 10/05/2019 at 23:06, adam436 said:

I knew Dennis Coard was axed, but does anyone know the reasoning behind it? She supposedly left to move to Melbourne to be closer to her elderly mother, but I think Dennis' departure must have played some part of it.

I never really understood the logic behind Dennis being axed. From bits and pieces I read at the time, I think Dennis asked for some extended time off, but TPTB decided to write him out permanently instead. I'm sure they could have easily come up with a good storyline to write him out for 6 months or whatever. Whether they came up with the flood disaster before or after the decision to axed him, as a way to kill him off, I have no idea, but it worked out well story-wise.

I don't know whether or not it was a mutual decision for him to leave permanently. But it did seem strange to needlessly break up the central relationship on the series. I wasn't totally surprised that Debra left relatively soon after, although it's anybody's guess whether she would have stayed on the series longer had Dennis still been there. I do wonder ultimately how long Pippa and Michael might have stayed for, and how they might have been written out , either together, or if they'd been separated somehow before they left.

On 25/08/2019 at 22:09, Gerard said:

I never really understood the logic behind Dennis being axed. From bits and pieces I read at the time, I think Dennis asked for some extended time off, but TPTB decided to write him out permanently instead. I'm sure they could have easily come up with a good storyline to write him out for 6 months or whatever. Whether they came up with the flood disaster before or after the decision to axed him, as a way to kill him off, I have no idea, but it worked out well story-wise.

I don't know whether or not it was a mutual decision for him to leave permanently. But it did seem strange to needlessly break up the central relationship on the series. I wasn't totally surprised that Debra left relatively soon after, although it's anybody's guess whether she would have stayed on the series longer had Dennis still been there. I do wonder ultimately how long Pippa and Michael might have stayed for, and how they might have been written out , either together, or if they'd been separated somehow before they left.

If Michael was not killed off in 1996 then he would have left in1998 with Pippa. 

As Debra quit as she wanted move back to Melbourne and so therefore Dennis would quit at same time with Debra as can’t see Dennis wanting to fly back and forth from  Melbourne to Sydney if he was going to remain on show without his wife. 

But I think would been better exit if Pippa and Michael left together.

Archived