Jump to content

A look inside the Beach House.


Inactive.User

Recommended Posts

There is an article in the Daily Mail Online, it is trashy as it has very inaccurate information Read this passage:

In addition to Irene, the beach house has seen a number of the show's most popular characters live there since its earliest episodes.

This includes its very first residents, the Roberts family: Bobbi, Sam, Geoff and Selina.

That is ridiculous, Firstly, the first family to move to the Bay were the Fletchers, Irene Roberts plus children came in 1991/1992 and the role of Irene was recast in 1993. Bobby is not spelt Bobbi, the DM always does that. Nevertheless Bobby was not part of the Roberts Family nor were any of the others except honorary Roberts member Selina. Sam was not introduced until the early 1990's. Geoff came in the 2000's and Selina came in the mid 1990's.

 

Here is the link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5380021/A-look-inside-Summer-Bay-digs-Home-Aways-Irene.html#ixzz56vqx62CH

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, David Deex said:

There is an article in the Daily Mail Online, it is trashy as it has very inaccurate information Read this passage:

In addition to Irene, the beach house has seen a number of the show's most popular characters live there since its earliest episodes.

This includes its very first residents, the Roberts family: Bobbi, Sam, Geoff and Selina.

That is ridiculous, Firstly, the first family to move to the Bay were the Fletchers, Irene Roberts plus children came in 1991/1992 and the role of Irene was recast in 1993. Booby is not spelt Bobbi, the DM always does that. Nevertheless Bobby was not part of the Roberts Family nor were any of the others except honorary Roberts member Selina. Sam was not introduced until the early 1990's. Geoff came in the 2000's and Selina came in the mid 1990's.

 

Here is the link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5380021/A-look-inside-Summer-Bay-digs-Home-Aways-Irene.html#ixzz56vqx62CH

 

I’m sorry but 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, David Deex said:

There is an article in the Daily Mail Online, it is trashy as it has very inaccurate information Read this passage:

In addition to Irene, the beach house has seen a number of the show's most popular characters live there since its earliest episodes.

This includes its very first residents, the Roberts family: Bobbi, Sam, Geoff and Selina.

That is ridiculous, Firstly, the first family to move to the Bay were the Fletchers, Irene Roberts plus children came in 1991/1992 and the role of Irene was recast in 1993. Bobby is not spelt Bobbi, the DM always does that. Nevertheless Bobby was not part of the Roberts Family nor were any of the others except honorary Roberts member Selina. Sam was not introduced until the early 1990's. Geoff came in the 2000's and Selina came in the mid 1990's.

 

Here is the link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5380021/A-look-inside-Summer-Bay-digs-Home-Aways-Irene.html#ixzz56vqx62CH

 

When they refer to the very first residents, they meant the very first residents of the beach house rather than the Bay.

It did, of course, start off being a dodgy share house (with Matt Wilson allegedly filming his final scene by going UP stairs), then Bobby brought Sam to live there. Then Irene bought it.

Selina did change her name to Roberts at one point. Geoff was part of Irene's family for a time - you can sort of count him as a Roberts

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, harrietjames said:

When they refer to the very first residents, they meant the very first residents of the beach house rather than the Bay.

It did, of course, start off being a dodgy share house (with Matt Wilson allegedly filming his final scene by going UP stairs), then Bobby brought Sam to live there. Then Irene bought it.

Selina did change her name to Roberts at one point. Geoff was part of Irene's family for a time - you can sort of count him as a Roberts

 

Ok, but they tried saying that they were all Roberts and were the first to live there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sally Keating said:

They've tried to take one photo which is not article-worthy, and turn it into an article, and got everything laughably wrong.

This is what The Daily Fail do every day and sadly on much more important things that Home & Away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, dee123 said:

This is what The Daily Fail do every day and sadly on much more important things that Home & Away.

What's more important that Home and Away?

2 hours ago, David Deex said:

Ok, but they tried saying that they were all Roberts and were the first to live there.

Yeah, it was full of inaccuracies - my post mentioned a few as well  - like actually being a share house first.

You can class Geoff and Annie as Roberts (well part of the Roberts Family to be pedantic) , the same way you'd class Steven, Carly etc as Fletchers.

If we re-write the line slightly it's OK. "In addition to Irene, the beach house has seen a number of the show's most popular characters live there since its earliest episodes.

This includes:  Bobby, Sam, Geoff and Selina." not "In addition to Irene, the beach house has seen a number of the show's most popular characters live there since its earliest episodes. This includes its very first residents, the Roberts family: Bobbi, Sam, Geoff and Selina."

I would have a different list of the show's most popular characters that lived in the beach house.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.