General Chat

Krazy Karl

Anybody here..?

No, you're imagining all the posts. :rolleyes:

:lol: Good call.

I just did something *so* stupid. I quoted and then forgot to write in the stuff I wanted to!

*shakes head*

Edited by Mez83

Anybody here..?

No, you're imagining all the posts. :rolleyes:

:lol::lol:

Is there anything good on TV tonight? Good excludes the closing ceremoney

Dr. Dolittle 2 on ch7 or Law & Order repeats.... nope, don't think I'll be watching anything tonight...

SBS usually has some good documentaries on Sunday nights though, but I'm not sure what's on tonight...

I've got way too much time on my hands.

Nine:

Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games Closing Ceremony (150 mins )

Genre: Entertainment

Live. From the MCG in Melbourne. Ray Martin hosts the live telecast of the spectacular Closing Ceremony. Join us as we capture the moments and celebrations that will bring the 2006 Commonwealth Games to a close.

ABC:

She's Gone (97 mins , Rated: M)

Genre: Drama

Ordinary businessman Harry Sands faces every parent's worst nightmare when his attractive teenage daughter, Olivia, disappears in Istanbul.

Seven:

Dr. Dolittle 2 (120 mins , Rated: PG)

Genre: Comedy

The doctor who can talk to the animals returns. The now famous doc has more patients - two-legged and four-legged - than he can handle. His animal friends want more than office visits. The outraged critters want Dolittle's help saving their forest from unscrupulous human developers. Dolittle concocts a plan to save the forest by finding an endangered species the law protects. He discovers a lone endangered Pacific Western bear, Ava, living in the condemned forest. But she needs a mate and Dolittle thinks he's found one in Archie, a city-dwelling, wise-cracking, fast-food-loving, circus-performing bear. Although Archie initially resists the idea, Dolittle convinces him there's love to be found in his natural habitat. Dolittle and his dog, Lucky, head to the forest to teach Archie the ways of the wild. Unfortunately it's hardly a love connection for the mismatched bears and Ava is unimpressed by Archie's bumbling antics, while Lucky's love-life with a local wolf isn't faring much better.

Ten:

Law & Order: SVU - Manic (Rpt) (60 mins , Rated: M)

Genre: Drama

Benson and Stabler enlist Huang's help in probing the connection between the deaths of two high-school students and an illegal marketing campaign by a major pharmaceutical company. (Pretty good ep. Seen it before)

SBS:

Origins: Back to the Beginning (60 mins , Rated: G)

Genre: Documentary

Hosted by astrophysicist Neil DeGrasse Tyson, director of the Hayden Planetarium at the American Museum of Natural History in New York, this program outlines the major discoveries in the science of cosmology, beginning with the most important of them all, the discovery of the microwave glow and the Big Bang in the mid-1960s. On behalf of the phone company AT&T, Robert Wilson and Arno Penzias were looking for the source of the annoying hiss that interfered with early satellite communications. They picked up a faint microwave signal that apparently came from empty space. This gave substance to a radical theory explored by a team of Princeton University scientists led by Bob Dickie, that the entire universe had actually been born in a tremendous burst of energy billions of years ago - the Big Bang. The microwave glow was the leftover heat from the Big Bang. Further studies showed that there were concentrations of matter in the microwave glow, which confirmed that the universe did indeed evolve from the cataclysm of the Big Bang. Today, with advances in technology, scientists can map out the cosmos as it appeared in its infancy billions of years ago.

Edited by Dean