Where are the happy endings?

adam436

Is it just me or have all the exits lately been rather poorly executed? No one seems to be given a happy ending except for the one character who didn't deserve one (Brax):

• Kyle went to prison covering up for a girl he barely knew. Such a shame for a character that had turned his life around.
  • Oscar died and Maddy lost her arm. With some forethought, they could have kept going (or reunited) Maddy with Oscar, rather than pairing her off with Matt. They could also kept Maddy with Josh (leaving Evie with Matt) to have them leave together.
  • Hannah - I never liked her with Chris, so I don't care if they get a happy ending or not, but the whole cancer thing seemed a bit silly just to kill her off in the explosion.
  • Skye - I don't know what happened there, but it was just really odd and rushed.
  • Josh and Andy - more disappointing exits. Surely they could have dumped all the "crimes" on one of them, so they both didn't go down.

Chris left in yesterday's episode.  He had a surprise farewell party and all the people who mattered to him who were still left in the bay were there.  He even went to Hannah's grave, brought her flowers and thanked her for teaching him life and love.  His exit was much better than the ones mentioned above and overall was pretty good IMO.

23 minutes ago, Slade said:

Chris left in yesterday's episode.  He had a surprise farewell party and all the people who mattered to him who were still left in the bay were there.  He even went to Hannah's grave, brought her flowers and thanked her for teaching him life and love.  His exit was much better than the ones mentioned above and overall was pretty good IMO.

Hmm... I'm just projecting but this makes me think it was 7 that wanted him gone and the show wanted him to stay...

I agree - especially after Johnny's comments just a few months prior about hoping to be the next Alf or Irene. His exit was really rushed though, despite being more positive than the others. 

Heath and Bianca also got a happy ending eventually, but since then, it's only Sasha and Jett (which were low-key) and Brax and Ricky I think.

On 10/28/2016 at 0:46 AM, dee123 said:

Happy endings aren't in at the moment, or something.

So true as a former source in Melbourne told me when they turned a character bad for ratings and ruined a possible full time role. To some its more fun to write conflict  and someone getting killed than to create a character with good intentions.

7 hours ago, harrietjames said:

Sad endings are often better television - I loved the Belle's death story line. Given Aden left shortly after they could have driven off in the sunset together, but we would have missed out of some of the better scenes of the period

Sadly your right as conflict among characters and seeing someone be killed off leads to big ratings

Archived