Home and Away look-alikes

Ever seen someone or something that reminded you of a character or place on Home and Away? I have, I knew a few people who reminded me of H&A characters, by looking like or having similar personalities, a house I used to live near sorta looked a bit like the Summer Bay house (nowadays it would have resembled the SBH as the SBH has a grey roof).

Does H&A characters who look like characters from other soaps count? Donald Fisher in the early years looked like Callum Finnegan in Brookside. Same hairstyle, facial features and build.

I live near Great Yarmouth and the beach is like a more metropolitan version of Summer Bay beach, Wellington Pier in Yarmouth is like the Summer Bay Pier.

In a hospital towerblock that was sadly pulled down in Norwich in 2003, after it closed in 2002, well I could imagine patients and doctors watching H&A on the TV's in the day rooms and nurses rooms. Esp during 1992-1996 when H&A was at its most popular over here. Such as in January 1994, the TV's on the childrens ward on the 8th floor blaring out the H&A theme tune. 14 million viewers were watching that month.

On 30 March 2016 at 5:22 PM, Homeandawayfan. said:

Does H&A characters who look like characters from other soaps count? Donald Fisher in the early years looked like Callum Finnegan in Brookside. Same hairstyle, facial features and build.

I live near Great Yarmouth and the beach is like a more metropolitan version of Summer Bay beach, Wellington Pier in Yarmouth is like the Summer Bay Pier.

In a hospital towerblock that was sadly pulled down in Norwich in 2003, after it closed in 2002, well I could imagine patients and doctors watching H&A on the TV's in the day rooms and nurses rooms. Esp during 1992-1996 when H&A was at its most popular over here. Such as in January 1994, the TV's on the childrens ward on the 8th floor blaring out the H&A theme tune. 14 million viewers were watching that month.

Another poster from Norfolk, you're literally down the road from me! Sorry to go off-topic.

• 3 weeks later...

Cosidering how big H&A was in 1989-1996 on ITV, it was a threat to Corrie at some stages, I found both shows had similarities such as both had a grumpy grocer called Alf. Roberts and Stewart. I keep thinking Corrie's Alf was Alf Stewart and H&A's Alf was Alf Roberts. Also when H&A begun it had a Barlow family, and characters called Sally, Don and Alf like Corrie did.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived