T. Lasance (Vampire Diaries) & R. Breeds (The Originals)

Barbara

Todd Lasance (Aden Jefferies) joins The Vampire Diaries and Rebecca Breeds (Ruby Buckton) and Andrew Lees (Nathan Cunnigham, the RA at Matilda's university) join The Originals.

‘Vampire Diaries’ Casts Tim Kang, Todd Lasance in Recurring Roles (Exclusive)

“The Vampire Diaries” is welcoming two new residents to Mystic Falls for Season 7. Tim Kang and Todd Lasance have joined the long-running CW supernatural drama in recurring roles, TheWrap has learned.

Kang will play the role of Oscar, a laid back stoner who’s been living the high life off the grid for months, hiding a surprising connection to the Salvatores. But Oscar’s Zen lifestyle comes to a screeching halt when supernatural intervention turns him into a feral killer.

Lasance will take on the role of Julian, who’s described as a feared, storied immortal with a reputation for excelling in earthly pleasures. Julian is pure charisma or pure creep, depending on whom you ask. The one thing he fears is anonymity, an unlikely outcome given that he’s perpetually on the run, leaving chaos in his wake, and attracting even more dangerous followers.

Both characters will make their first appearance in Episode 703.

“The Vampire Diaries” wrapped up its sixth season with an emotional farewell to Elena Gilbert and the actress who plays her, Nina Dobrev, who opted not to return to the show for Season 7. Stars Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Candice Accola and Kat Graham are all returning.

During the 2015 Upfronts, CW boss Mark Pedowitz expressed his desire for “The Vampire Diaries” to run for several more seasons despite losing its leading lady. Focus is expected to zero in more on Salvatore brothers Stefan and Damon.

The seventh season of “The Vampire Diaries” premieres on the CW Oct. 8 at 8 p.m.

Lasance is an alum of famed Australian soap “Home and Away” and also played Julius Ceasar on “Spartacus: Blood and Sand.” He is represented by Marquee Management in Australia and Silver Lining Management.

Kang is best known for his role as Kimball Cho on CBS’ “The Mentalist.” He is repped by SDB Partners and Bold Management.

Source

'The Originals': 'The Pacific' and 'Pretty Little Liars' Vets to Recur

The Originals is adding‎ to its vampire lineup. 

Andrew Lees (The Pacific, Your Family or Mine) and Rebecca Breeds (Pretty Little Liars,We Are Men) have joined The CW drama in a recurring capacity, The Hollywood Reporterhas learned. 

Lees will play Lucien, a member of Klaus' sire line who comes to New Orleans with a secret agenda involving Klaus. He's described as intelligent, charming, wildly successful and at ease with princes and paupers alike. He prides himself on being two steps ahead of everyone else.

Breeds will play the enigmatic Aurora, who is described as sexy, seductive, witty and free-spirited — the life of the party. However, she also has a dark side, and is also known for being malevolent, dangerous and extremely violent.

Both characters will make their show debut in the upcoming third season premiere.

The two join fellow Originals newbie Jason Dohring, who will play Detective Will Kinney.

Are you excited to see the new vampires? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

The Originals returns Thursday, Oct. 8 at 9 p.m. on The CW.

Source

I don't watch The Originals but might just have to start watching it because of Rebecca Breeds.  With regard to The Vampire Diaries this is certainly a surprise.  Todd was actually very lucky given what happened a while back but good to see him make the most of his second chance.  It will be interesting to see how he performs.  Look forward to seeing him next season.  We've had vampires, vampire hunters, werewolfs, hybrids, witches and plain old humans.  And now we have an immortal although there was Silas...

I don't watch The Originals but might just have to start watching it because of Rebecca Breeds.  With regard to The Vampire Diaries this is certainly a surprise.  Todd was actually very lucky given what happened a while back but good to see him make the most of his second chance.  It will be interesting to see how he performs.  Look forward to seeing him next season.  We've had vampires, vampire hunters, werewolfs, hybrids, witches and plain old humans.  And now we have an immortal although there was Silas...

Oh I haven't heard what happened with Todd But anyway I was in two minds to watch the next season of The Vamprie Diaries. It's gone on far too long now I guess it could be good without Elena and the boring Delena love story I will probably watch just because of habbit :lol: Todd was quite good in Spartacus So hopefully his given some good stories to do in TVD's I don't watch the The Originals but I'm sure Rebecca Breeds will be good in it

WHY AREN'T I ALREADY WATCHING THE VAMPIRE DIARIES??? WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!?!  

I've been glancing at Ian Somerhalder on DVD covers and Fox 8 ads for years, because I liked him on "Lost", and thinking "Maybe, someday..." Recently a friend of mine offered to lend me her Vampire Diaries in return for my Teen Wolfs and I haven't gotten around to watching them yet!

(Sidenote: I sat her down at my place and had an 8 hour marathon of season 3B of Teen Wolf because I wasn't letting those DVDS out of my sight. It had nothing to do with trust, I just need access to that season at all times in order to survive...) 

I MUST WATCH VAMPIRE DIARIES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE BECAUSE TODD!!!

He was magnificent in Spartacus :wub:

Archived