Was 2000 the end of an era?

adam436

22 minutes ago, SunnyG12 said:

I could never take to  the 'Sutherland Era' either. The year 2000 really did seem like the end of an era to me. I didn't like the idea of Pippa leaving, or the way Sally moved out of Summer Bay House.

Sally moving out of SBH, and staying out of it for quite a few years, may well have been partly down to Kate herself. For some time she specifically said that she didn't want Sally to become the next Pippa:

Coral Drouyn shared this with us:
The one thing that did surprise me was that she was so adamant she did NOT want to move into the Caravan Park and play Pippa to foster children - and I had to promise to her I wouldn't do that to the character - who was way too young. I hope she did, in the end, enjoy those years of following in Pippa's footsteps. After all, it's where it all began.

• 3 weeks later...

Still, Sal had designs on Summer Bay House and moving in and taking over with Kieran after the Nash family collapsed with Tom and Nat going North and Gypsy and Joel moving into the old family home. Even as far back as being with Tim she wanted to take the reigns.

Archived