2014 Logies

Guest Mishyy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't the logies run and organised by 7? Funny that their flagship drama won over some seemingly tough competition!

And it was shown on Channel 9 here in Oz, the direct free to air competition to Seven.

Isn't the logies run and organised by 7? Funny that their flagship drama won over some seemingly tough competition!

LOL seriously? :arrow:

The Logies aired on Channel 9 which they do every year and TV Week has no affiliation or connection to Channel 7. Just congratulate the cast and crew on a job well done for winning the award of 'Most Popular Drama' and well done to Bonnie Sveen (Ricky Sharpe) for winning the award of 'Most Popular New Talent'.

Pity that Steve Peacocke missed out on winning any awards this year but there's always next year as they say especially if he's still on the show at that stage.

I stand corrected by you and Dan F.

They won on popularity rather than quality so I don't really feel that I can praise them especially when I am no longer a regular viewer. I am not a supporter of the most popular categories, why can't it be about talent and not how popular you are? Sorry to disappoint you, Jezz, but Home and Away has attracted a young audience with a poor attention span (just look at the FB page and embarrassing twitter posts) since 2011 when the Braxtons arrived and I'd be willing to bet that it was them who voted multiple times to see that Home and Away won. I accept however that there could have been a portion who voted out of pure love for the show and have been long-time viewers. I also wish to express that I don't consider all the fans to have poor attention spans and the hots for the Braxton brothers. But a fair number do and the Home and Away website and Official Facebook Page play into this.

I stand corrected by you and Dan F.

They won on popularity rather than quality so I don't really feel that I can praise them especially when I am no longer a regular viewer. I am not a supporter of the most popular categories, why can't it be about talent and not how popular you are? Sorry to disappoint you, Jezz, but Home and Away has attracted a young audience with a poor attention span (just look at the FB page and embarrassing twitter posts) since 2011 when the Braxtons arrived and I'd be willing to bet that it was them who voted multiple times to see that Home and Away won. I accept however that there could have been a portion who voted out of pure love for the show and have been long-time viewers. I also wish to express that I don't consider all the fans to have poor attention spans and the hots for the Braxton brothers. But a fair number do and the Home and Away website and Official Facebook Page play into this.

Again you're stereotyping and saying that young viewers have poor attention spans and therefore their views and opinions on the current show shouldn't be valid as a result. This is completely wrong and insulting to viewers in that age group.

I could easily say that viewers of the Early Years are 'old farts' who are 'behind the times', but yet I know this is completely false because young and old viewers I've spoken to in recent times appreciated the Early Years for what it was. Like many others here, I loved the Early Years and still do but I also enjoy the current show for what it is as well. Maybe I'm a rarity in this case but I'm certainly aware of many others who are in a similar position as I am as well.

If you're going to refer to Facebook as your premise as to why the Braxton fans shouldn't be taken seriously, then you're not clearly getting a good overall indication of the type of Braxton fans that are existent. Most users of social media are primarily 'young people', hence they generate most discussion out of any other age group, but I'm sure there's others out there including myself (who don't use social media) but have a positive view on the show and the Braxtons and no it's not based on their looks despite what you repeatedly say. In my opinion, social media doesn't really reflect a good cross-section of the community. They just make up one part of a community in some sense.

Yes Home and Away won the award of being the 'Most Popular Drama'. Clearly no one is saying it was the 'outstanding drama', but it's clear that it's still a popular show and I highly doubt that the same people were constantly voting for the show so it could win the award. If you have any evidence of that, be my guest and present the facts otherwise you're merely sounding like a bitter person who can't accept that the show is still well-received by many in Australia.

Also Mokhashin is right, Bonnie winning the award for 'Most Popular New Talent' was fantastic. I've always liked her acting ability and while she's good on the eye from my perspective, it's her acting ability and her character on the show is what impresses me most at the end of the day and hence it's good to see her reap the rewards for quality acting in the past year.

Archived