Celia Stewart - Fiona Spence

Oh I really liked her scenes with Heath but the whole gambling thing was rather ridiculous. As I am 24 I cannot remember her first stint but have watched bits on line and I must say I did like the layers to her character she strikes me as being a more articulate and well spoken Colleen and similar to Edna (who Pierced Musie mentioned is in Emmerdale and is in my view a rather well written character especially her scenes with Aaron) I also liked her scenes with Alf

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The scenes when she first met Heath were priceless, then when she found out about his history losing the baby she was great with him the whole gambling thing tho was just silly, I'd love Celia to return as a regular as said above the bay needs a busy body and Celia is perfect for that role and a longer return is long over due.

I think, especially when 1988-1990 was airing during The Early Years, there was a big resurgence in Celia appreciation. It's not so much that people remember Morag more than Celia, but she hasn't been a character of any real importance for over 20 years whereas Morag carved quite a niche for herself during the 00s which has been dropped by the writers much more recently.

• Like 1

Weren't you the one who thought that Morag was only brought back in 00s because of the Weakest Link popularity? Until then both Celia and Morag were forgotten characters.

I still do believe that more people are familiar with Morag than with Celia and that's the reason she is invited back from time to time.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Do you think if Celia had stayed her character would have been developed more, or do you think she would have just stayed as the town busy-body?

I think Celia had more room to develop then Colleen and I could see Celia deciding she wants a career in teaching and goes to uni to learn how to become teacher and then she takes some teens in. 

So whats everyone thoughts?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...