Brax as a father figure, good or bad?

Guest maciam

We know that Brax has been very loyal to his family over the years.

I like that he tries to keep Casey out of trouble even if it's not always as easy as it looks.

The way he protects his mother from his father.. I like hat he's there for Heath when he needs someome too.

It can't be easy growing up like they did and stay out of troubles. Like the bond between the brothers, and now that Kyle is in the Bay it will be interessting to hear his story, and to see him be a part of the family and how they all cope together.

What do you think, is he a good father figure or not?

Nooooooooooooooooooo way I get what you are saying about how Brax tries to protect his family. But the way he goes about doing it is just wrong. What with all the drug deals or other dodgy he seems to get caught up in trying to help just in the long run puts everyone at more risk. Everyone who gets close to the Braxtons seems to die. :lol:

So I would have too say bad

I don't really think Brax qualifies as a father figure, maybe towards Casey when he was younger but not now.(There's really not enough of an age gap for him to be a father figure to Heath and he didn't know Kyle when he was young.)He's obviously the head of the family, the big brother, but I think it's reached the point where they're all less likely to blindly go along with him.

Brax has his good points:He obviously cares about his family and he wants what's best for them.But on the downside, he can be very controlling, what he thinks is best for them often isn't and while you could argue that it was Danny that first got the family into the criminal side of things, he hasn't done much to drag them out of it or at least he's perfectly prepared to go back on the wrong side of the law if he thinks it's the best way of accomplishing something.And he's not above playing favourites:He clearly favoured Casey over Heath and it's almost reached the point where Kyle's his new golden boy, as if he thinks he's done all he can with Casey(or even given up on him)and moved on to molding the newest member of the family into what he wants him to be.His heart's more or less in the right place but I don't think he's a good father figure.

I'm not sure Brax is a father figure at all.

He is much more of an older brother, protector and provider. I love his loyalty to his brothers. I think he definitely seeks a better way of life both for his family and himself.

I think those who expect that he could have brought his family from the criminal back ground their lives began with simply by involving the police and "sinning no more" are not living in the real world. He has accomplished much but certainly not all that he or we as viewers might have wished.

Archived