Turn Back Time (2013 Edition)

Guest HeavenForbid

I stumbled across a list of all my old fictions and have decided to resurrect an old idea for an abandoned fiction which I starting writing in 2007. I’m going to keep the name but state it is the 2013 edition. The older version had characters such as Drew/Belle/Lucas and Mattie. The newer version will contain different characters as stated below.

Story Title: Turn Back Time (2013 Edition)

Type of story: Long Fiction
Main Characters: Casey/Sasha/Indi/Romeo/April/Kyle/Ryan (OC)

Minor Characters: Sid/Dex/Heath/Brax/Bianca + others
BTTB rating: T
Genre: Romance/Drama
Does story include spoilers: No
Any warnings: Minor SC/L. Nothing too heavy planned. Will warn beforehand if this changes.
Summary: Sasha left Summer Bay not long after she finished school. Now, she is returning with her long term partner Ryan. She is going to find out that things are very different since she left.

Notes:

Alternate Universe.

Going to make Sasha/Indi/Dex the most unlikely triples ever. Just so I can then make them all the same age and have graduated the same year.

Set in 2013, flashbacks will have years on them but the years aren’t extremely important.

Chapter One

Twenty- three year old Sasha Walker didn’t believe she would ever return to her home town of Summer Bay. She swore the day she left, it would be the last time she would see the sign that she passed as she exited the small town. This was until two months ago. Sasha was living in an expensive part of the city with her boyfriend Ryan. She was let go from her job as assistant to a high profile fashion designer. Ryan had been working in the construction industry for a number of years but his work was slowing down and the jobs just weren’t coming at him. After endless searches online and job applications, Sasha couldn’t find work. The apartment was too expensive to manage so this meant they moved into a B&B, searching for affordable accommodation to no avail. Having put a lot of thought into the decision, Sasha had decided to phone her family.

It had been five years since she left Summer Bay. She regularly spoke to her family on the phone. Sometimes they would even come and visit her. Her siblings, Dexter and Indigo had always meant the world to her. And of course, her loving father, Sid Walker. He was always there for his children. Even when they did things they shouldn't he would support them. Once Sasha had rang him, he suggested immediately to move back home. She was hesitant at first but believed it was probably the best decision.

Sasha had missed her family greatly. She missed the town. The beautiful scenery and the stunning beach. The beach was where she always belonged. Back in High School, her best friend Romeo Smith taught her how to surf. She had entered in many competitions and had successfully won them.

It was noon by the time Sasha and Ryan had reached the motorway. There were still a number of hours to go before she would reach Summer Bay. Sasha opened her window to get some fresh air. Thirty degrees weather just wasn't great when you are stuck in a car for four hours. Sasha was getting butterflies in her stomach the closer they were getting to Summer Bay. She wondered if he was still living there. She was growing more nervous about seeing him than anything else.

Sasha wondered how her friends had been. Romeo was the only one of her friends she stayed in contact with. She was very happy to find out he was in a relationship with her sister Indi still. Romeo always had the biggest crush on Indi. Sasha thought back to when Romeo told her about his feelings for Indi…

Flashback…Late 2005

Exam time was just around the corner and all the students at Summer Bay High were studying hard. It was a beautiful sunny day which meant the kids were out on the grass taking in the rays. Sixteen year old Sasha was reading her Biology notes for her exam the following week when Romeo appeared from nowhere and fell to the ground. Sasha looked up with a startled look on her face.

“Um…Is everything OK, Romeo?”

“What do you do when you love someone, Sash?”

Sasha giggled which prompted Romeo to shoot a look at her “Sorry…Usually let that person know, I guess”

“But how?!” Romeo questioned. “Look at her, she is beautiful, funny and look at her laughing. What an incredible girl…No, woman!”

Sasha turned around to spot her sister Indi speaking to a group of friends. Romeo was bedazzled by her and her beauty which was obvious to just about everyone but Indi.

“She doesn’t even pay attention to me. Even when we hang out!” Romeo moaned while bringing his attention to Sasha.

“Well, look, she needs help with her French. You’re good at languages. Maybe you can offer her some tutoring lessons?” Sasha suggested.

Romeo hopped up from the ground without another thought and replied “Fantastic idea! I’m going to ask her now.”

Sasha laughed as she watched him walk over to Indi. She could see Indi handing her a piece of paper after a couple of minutes talking. Romeo almost sprinted back over to where Sasha was sitting.

“I love you Sasha! She gave me the chapters she is having trouble on. First session is tonight. I could kiss you!” Romeo told her and she congratulated him for his success.

Romeo grabbed his things he had left beside with Sasha and said before leaving “I don’t think I should kiss you though. Don’t think Casey would be too pleased about that. Anyways, let the doc know there is an extra person coming for dinner” he winked before walking off.

It didn’t take long for Romeo and Indi to form a relationship. Indi had passed her French exam with flying colours that year. Over the weeks she was being tutored, she had developed feelings for Romeo and decided to act on them at the end of year dance when they finally started their relationship.

Casey Braxton. A name which has haunted Sasha’s life for a number of years. Casey and Sasha had started their relationship before Romeo and Indi. They remained together for three years until just after graduating High School. Casey was on the football team and was generally a popular guy. Sasha and Casey became a very well known couple around the town. Like most couples, they had their problems but seemed to always come out of them stronger than ever. But when it came to their break-up it was an awful time for both of them. They had grown apart and thought it was best to call it a day. Sasha wanted more out of life than to live in Summer Bay. The break-up devastated Sasha but more so, Casey as she left Summer Bay soon after.

Casey lived with his two older brothers Brax and Heath who would allow Casey and his friends to have parties on the weekends. Casey’s parties became legendary in Summer Bay and after some time, there would be a least a hundred teenagers there. One particular girl who would attend the parties was April Scott. Sasha had always suspected April had liked Casey but Casey never showed interest in her. When her brother Dexter started a relationship with April, it shocked everyone – even Dexter himself. This made it hard for Sasha to dislike April. She always showed a united front but secretly never trusted the girl. She had every right too as it turned out April cheated on Dexter, while Sasha was living in the city and they were no longer together.

This was the first time Ryan was coming to Summer Bay. He had always wanted to visit and never truly understood why his girlfriend wouldn’t take him back to her hometown. This was his chance to see where she came from and grew up. Ryan had met all of Sasha’s family on numerous occasions so there would be no awkward first time meeting the parents situation when they arrived.

While Ryan was following the GPS to take them into the last half an hour of their drive to Summer Bay, Sasha wondered where everyone went in life. She had considered herself successful – well up until losing her job. She knew Indi and Romeo were living together. Romeo was doing well in the surfing business. He now owned a surf store in the town while Indi helped with the office work. Dex hadn’t mentioned April since their break up. He was completely in love with her and what she had done to him had devastated him. Dex, himself, was undertaking a Masters programme at Yabbie Creek University. But what happened to Casey? Where did he go in life? Was he now a successful football star? Was he married? Did he have his own children? Was he even in Summer Bay?

It was coming up to two o’clock. Sasha was getting hungry and hopped her father would have something ready for them when they got there. She was always a fan of his cooking. He would have wonderful food prepared when the children got home from school. Sid was also a fan of hosting dinner parties for his friends in Summer Bay. Sasha and her friends would often take this as an opportunity to steal one of the few bottles of wines guests would bring and take it down to the beach. They were just kids at the time. They didn’t know any better. They didn’t know what life of would bring. How hard it becomes after High School. All they knew at the time was they were young and wanted to enjoy their lives and they did. Now, they were all twenty-three and into their young adult lives.

Ryan sped down the road and passed the “Welcome to Summer Bay” sign. This was it, this was the big return. And Sasha had no idea of what kinds of things awaited her.

Man I read far too many stories on here. But thought I would give yours a look glad I did because that was a great start, and written so good. :) I am interested to find out what has become of Casey. Hopefully his still in the bay.

Look Forward to seeing where you take this.

Very good. :rolleyes:

Intriguing opener !!!!!, especially ......

Sasha was living in an expensive part of the city with her boyfriend Ryan. She was let go from her job as assistant to a high profile fashion designer. Ryan had been working in the construction industry for a number of years but his work was slowing down and the jobs just weren’t coming at him. After endless searches online and job applications, Sasha couldn’t find work.

Like most couples, they had their problems but seemed to always come out of them stronger than ever. But when it came to their break-up it was an awful time for both of them. They had grown apart and thought it was best to call it a day. Sasha wanted more out of life than to live in Summer Bay. The break-up devastated Sasha but more so, Casey as she left Summer Bay soon after.

Casey lived with his two older brothers Brax and Heath who would allow Casey and his friends to have parties on the weekends. Casey’s parties became legendary in Summer Bay and after some time, there would be a least a hundred teenagers there. One particular girl who would attend the parties was April Scott. Sasha had always suspected April had liked Casey but Casey never showed interest in her. When her brother Dexter started a relationship with April, it shocked everyone – even Dexter himself. This made it hard for Sasha to dislike April. She always showed a united front but secretly never trusted the girl. She had every right too as it turned out April cheated on Dexter, while Sasha was living in the city and they were no longer together.

Sid was also a fan of hosting dinner parties for his friends in Summer Bay. Sasha and her friends would often take this as an opportunity to steal one of the few bottles of wines guests would bring and take it down to the beach. They were just kids at the time. They didn’t know any better. They didn’t know what life of would bring. How hard it becomes after High School. All they knew at the time was they were young and wanted to enjoy their lives and they did. Now, they were all twenty-three and into their young adult lives.

Ryan sped down the road and passed the “Welcome to Summer Bay” sign. This was it, this was the big return. And Sasha had no idea of what kinds of things awaited her.

MUCHLY looking forward to more !!!!!!

Thanks very much for the comments. I'm glad you like it! :) Here is the next chapter.

Chapter Two

“Grab those two bags, will you Ry?” Sasha asked as she wheeled two suitcases to the front porch.

Before Sasha could reach the door, Indi ran out of the house screaming “SASH!” The two girls hugged. “I’m so glad you are home”

Following Indi was Dex and Sid. They both rushed over and each greeted Sasha. “It is great to have you home, Sasha” Sid beamed.

“Here, Dex. Come help Ryan with the bags” he said as the two men walked over to the car to help Ryan.

Once all the suitcases were in the house, Sasha went to wash up for lunch. Ryan had already started unpacking their suitcases.

Just as Sasha was walking into the kitchen she overheard Indi say something.

“We need to tell her dad. It isn’t right - ”

“Stop right there, Indi” Dex interrupted “She has only got home…Let her settle in!”

“You should have just told her the truth, Dex” Indi snarled at her brother.

Just then Sasha walked in the door and the room went silent “Is…everything OK?”

“Of course, sweetie!” Sid smiled. He pulled out a chair for his daughter and asked her to sit down. “Lunch is just ready”

There was obvious tension between Indi and Dex. Even when Ryan came into the kitchen, he could sense it too. The family sat down and had a quick catch up while having their lunch. Sasha couldn’t help but feel comfortable and happy that she was home. She had missed her hometown.

“Well, I spoke to Romeo and he asked if you were interested in surfing again would you like to teach lessons with him. You could be

like his assistant” Indi said as she began clearing up after the lunch.

“Wow, really! That would be wonderful” Sasha replied getting up to help her.

“You used to always talk about your surfing days, babe. It would be great for you to get back into it” Ryan said supporting his girlfriend.

“And Ryan, I hear the construction company in Yabbie Creek is looking for someone. Might be worth it to go over there in the next few days” Sid suggested as Ryan looked on confused.

“Yabbie Creek….?” Ryan asked as helped with the dishes.

“Yabbie Creek is a small town, only ten minutes up the road. The hospital dad works in is there also.” Indi explained which cleared up any confusion caused.

“Dex, you’ve hardly said two words since we started lunch” Sasha said and she sat next to him as Sid and Indi looked on.

“He is due to get his latest exam results, next week” Sid said before Dex could mention anything “I told you to not worry about them son”

Suddenly, Dex pushed his chair out “I’m definitely not worried about my exam results, dad.” he spat and left the kitchen.

“What is his problem?!” Sasha asked, worried. “What has been going on?!”

Sid and Indi looked at each other. Ryan didn’t know if this was his place to say anything so he continued to clean up the kitchen.

“Nothing is going on, Sasha” Sid said, walking towards her. “He is just stressed over the exams” he assured her but Sasha was not convinced.

After a tense lunch, Ryan went back to unpacking while Sasha took a walk around the land surrounding the house. She spotted Dex lying down on the grass yards away from the back door of the house. She walked past the newly installed swimming pool, over to him and sat down near him.

“When did dad get the pool?” Sasha asked since Sid hadn’t mentioned it to her.

“Finished about three weeks ago now” Dex replied “And it’s yet to be put to use.”

“Oh, I’ll be using that for sure!” Sasha said excited. Dex laughed but didn’t say anything.

“So, are you going to tell me what is going on?”

Dex didn’t reply. Sasha repeated herself once again “Come on, Dex. I’m your sister. Your family, you can tell me. Is it something to do with University? How did the exams go?”

“It isn’t anything got to do with exams, I told you.” Dex replied sitting up.

“Well, what is it then? Are you in some kind of trouble? Is it drugs - ”

Dex laughed “You know I’m the least likely person to do drugs, Sasha”

“Well, I was just suggesting. Come on, what is going on?” Sasha asked, putting her hand on his shoulder showing her caring side.

“It’s something I didn’t do that I should have done. But I should have done a while ago”

“Dex, you aren’t making any sense…” Sasha said, confused at where Dex was going with this.

“Dad and Indi have always been so annoyed I never told you about this but I just didn’t know how to say it. Without upsetting you” Dex explained.

“Still not making any sense here…”

“It’s Casey and April” Dex blurred out. “April cheated on me with Casey…”

Sasha was taken back “What? Really? I…I don’t know what to say”

“I didn’t know how you would react. And I know you’ve been with Ryan since moved to the city and you probably wouldn’t care about it but it was just…it’s just Casey…”

“Dex, relax!” Sasha smiled “Everything is fine. Good for them. You could always do so much better than April Scott”

“And you always told me that” Dex smirked “Just should have listened”

“Look, you must have found it incredibly difficult for them to do that to you. But it’s been a while now. And you seem to be in a good place with Uni…maybe there is another girl?” Sasha said trying to see if there was any love interests for her brother.

“Well, there is no love interest. But…Casey and April are still together.” Dex replied looking straight at Sasha to see her reaction.

“And engaged. With a daughter.” He finished.

“Are they living in town?” Sasha asked as Dex nodded straight away to the question asked.

“He manages the local football team. April is in med-school. She came to dad a few months ago about a job in the hospital” Dex explained.

“Ha. Please tell me he shut the door on her face!”

“Um…She is starting at the hospital at the end of the month as a trainee, providing she passes her exams” Dex went on.

“In that case, I hope she fails…” Sasha replied bitterly.

“One can dream” Dex smirked “One can dream…”

Sasha laughed. “Look, it’s fine. I wasn’t sure if Casey would be in town still or where he would be. And dad and Indi had no right to be annoyed at you for never telling me who April cheated on you with. I’m not upset at all. Come on, we should head in. Maybe watch a DVD?”

“Sounds good! I’m going back to Uni on Monday; want to enjoy my last couple of days of freedom” Dex responded as they both got up from the grass.

Walking into the house, Indi and Sid were in the kitchen speaking to Ryan. The pair walked in together laughing and joking. Dex said he would go and get a movie from his DVD collection while Sasha sat with the rest of the family.

“You remember that old boyfriend I had?” Sasha said to Ryan, taking his hand. Indi and Sid let out a sigh. “Well, that was the guy who Dex’s girlfriend had the affair with. And I’m OK with it.” Sasha smiled at her sister and father “I’m more concerned with why the worry wasn’t on Dex when it should have been”

“We just felt like you should have known the truth, Sasha” Sid said trying to resolve the issue.

“It shouldn’t have been made about me, dad” Sasha snapped “Dex was the one who got hurt in all of this. And he has to see April and Casey with their child everyday! I’m miles away; I never had to witness it!”

“Look, we looked out of Dex when it happened and we were concerned for him. Of course we were” Indi said “But we just felt you should have known also, that is all.”

“I know now. And I’ll probably see them together, but who knows how that first conversation will go” Sasha shrugged “How about we just forget this and watch the DVD Dex brings back?”

“Sounds like a great idea!” Ryan said, getting off his chair immediately.

“I’ll just give Romeo a call and tell him I’ll be a bit late” Indi said as took her phone out of her pocket.

The four of them went into the living area, making themselves comfy on the couch. Dex came in with The Dark Knight for them to watch. Sasha cuddled up to Ryan on the couch and looked over at Indi and Dex bricking over the remote control and volume button. She glanced at her dad in the kitchen making some microwave popcorn. Sid had caught her eye contact and smiled at her which she returned. She knew Sid was happy to have her back home with them.

Sasha didn’t know what tomorrow would bring. She hadn’t asked did the family mention she was returning to the town to anyone in the Bay. She didn’t know when she would run into Casey. She did know however, it would probably be a very interesting meeting when they finally did. One thing that really shocked Sasha was that now Casey was a father. A daddy. With a little girl. While she would deny it to the ground, it did slightly bother Sasha that Casey ended up with April. But she had Ryan and didn’t need anyone else.

Wow didn't expect Casey to have a little girl with April!!!! Shocker. I think Sasha may still have feelings for Casey no matter how happy she tries to tell herself she is with Ryan.

Also on a side note Sasha being a surfer in this story is awesome. :)

Look forward to next chapter.

Archived